Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    66 sounds like the winning ticket
    so is that a complete push in our poll here?

what's closer? 75+ or 50ish?
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I am still not holding my breath on a season happening.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        so is that a complete push in our poll here?

what's closer? 75+ or 50ish?
        I picked 75 or over and accept defeat to anyone who wants to claim 50ish the right answer, since it was left vague while 75 plus has a clear minimum. In hindsight, I should have said 48-74.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          I picked 75 or over and accept defeat to anyone who wants to claim 50ish the right answer, since it was left vague while 75 plus has a clear minimum. In hindsight, I should have said 48-74.
          If it ends up 66-72, there were no correct answers, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
            I am still not holding my breath on a season happening.
            me as well. this group seems very capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Hah, I didn't read it close enough to realize it was 75+ vs 50"ish". Talk about a biased poll....

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Hah, I didn't read it close enough to realize it was 75+ vs 50"ish". Talk about a biased poll....
                no one ran it past me before administration.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I was hoping, still am hoping my NO was/is wrong--But, it's not looking great right now.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Karl Ravech
                    @karlravechespn
                    ·
                    11m
                    The deal is done between MLbPa and Mlb on health and safety protocols. Game on

May God Help Us All
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I am pleased to be one of the winners in this poll, 50 being closer than 75.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        I am pleased to be one of the winners in this poll, 50 being closer than 75.

J
                        Lol, they haven't played a game yet
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          Lol, they haven't played a game yet
                          Yeah, the agreement is only half the battle. Now, the players have to avoid a major COVID-19 outbreak to prevent a second shutdown.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Seems like it will have to be a real doomsday for the season to end early:

"Per Martino's report, there are three conditions that could lead to the season being canceled: 1) if restrictions on travel throughout the country are imposed; 2) if the season poses "an unreasonable health and safety risk to players or staff to stage those games,"; and 3) if the competitive integrity of the season is compromised by the number of players who are available."

1 - ain't happening
                            2 - certainly possible
                            3 - ain't happening

Comment

Number 3 is vaguely worded but I don’t think it’s impossible. Agree that number 2 is the most likely of those to happen.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Seems like it will have to be a real doomsday for the season to end early:

"Per Martino's report, there are three conditions that could lead to the season being canceled: 1) if restrictions on travel throughout the country are imposed; 2) if the season poses "an unreasonable health and safety risk to players or staff to stage those games,"; and 3) if the competitive integrity of the season is compromised by the number of players who are available."

1 - ain't happening
                                2 - certainly possible
                                3 - ain't happening
                                2 certainly seems like a possibility. I have no idea what the probability is, but it's way bigger than zero.
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X