Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    ours open up for outdoor patios as of Friday
    Makes sense. The ice has finally melted.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Makes sense. The ice has finally melted.
      not the ice in my tumbler!!!
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        not the ice in my tumbler!!!
        Tumblering Ice....isn't that a Stones tune?

Comment

And now our power went out. My computer battery is half full, phone at 83% and dropping fast due to using as a hot spot. Nothing finer than to be quarantined in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            And now our power went out. My computer battery is half full, phone at 83% and dropping fast due to using as a hot spot. Nothing finer than to be quarantined in the dark.
            This sounds a lot like a tale from another thread.
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

do you have your zombie repellent handy?
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                You need charger blocks - I have two for this eventuality.

Comment

Thank you I will look into these today.

Power came back on at 6:13 am this morning.

Comment

I've been considering getting a backup battery for my solar panels.

Something like this:
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      I've been considering getting a backup battery for my solar panels.

Something like this:
                      https://www.altestore.com/store/deep.../#ENPENCHARGE3
                      Given the issues around power supply in Cali, I'd do that in a minute. Well, a few minutes. After I logged my power usage through the house.

If you plan on running your AC off that type of backup, you'll need the big one. Even a really efficient central AC unit will pull 2000 - 3000 watts in a day during your hot weather months.

Comment

Given the issues around power supply in Cali, I'd do that in a minute. Well, a few minutes. After I logged my power usage through the house.

If you plan on running your AC off that type of backup, you'll need the big one. Even a really efficient central AC unit will pull 2000 - 3000 watts in a day during your hot weather months.
                        Well I'm generating during the day, and it cools off at nights a good bit (105 during the day, 60s at night) so it's less of a concern. Worried about the refrigerator and what not if I lose power for 2 or 3 days.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          Well I'm generating during the day, and it cools off at nights a good bit (105 during the day, 60s at night) so it's less of a concern. Worried about the refrigerator and what not if I lose power for 2 or 3 days.
                          Then the smaller unit should give you plenty for a frig, home office, device charging, and a TV for three days for sure. Depending on how much excess power you generate during the day to recharge, you could be good for 4-5 days. A reasonably modern, high efficiency frig will consume about 1 kWh/day; a 55" LED TV will use about half that.

Comment

barbers & hair salons open up here this weekend ... nobody's sure how this is going to work tho; I think I'll wait a couple of weeks for it to shake itself out

Comment

Then the smaller unit should give you plenty for a frig, home office, device charging, and a TV for three days for sure. Depending on how much excess power you generate during the day to recharge, you could be good for 4-5 days. A reasonably modern, high efficiency frig will consume about 1 kWh/day; a 55" LED TV will use about half that.
                              or 1/24th kW ? Or perhaps 40 watts.
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I am going with the NOCO GB40 found here:

It will also be a good safety feature for our pontoon boat. And car in the winter.

Thank you for mentioning it.

Comment

Working...
                                X