Request for Thoughtful Readings on George Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for Thoughtful Readings on George Floyd

Part of the problem may be we are still in the moment of action, not reflection, but I am looking for more thoughtful, long form essays on the impact, history, and potential ramifications of George Floyd's murder and the subsequent protests, and I'm not finding many yet. Lots of shorter Op-Eds, some are great, but looking for more academic minded things too.

Context: I develop curriculum for a summer bridge writing course that helps 1st generation students (predominantly AA and Latinx), and I want to incorporate readings related to the pandemic and to the protests for students to look at both in terms of content, but also to help them develop critical reading skills with the aim to help them develop as academic writers. I've found some things on the pandemic, but not on the protests yet.

So, anything you come across that strikes you as particularly well-researched, thoughtful, analytical, insightful, or impactful, I'd be grateful if you could share a link. That goes for the racial and economic divides of the pandemic as well.

To start it off, here is a great Op-Ed from Kareem Adbul-Jabbar: https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...ed-to-the-edge

Comment

Working...
    X