The Purge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Purge?

Sounds like several teams have cut a bunch of minor leaguers today ... Passan says "hundreds today, hundreds more over the next week". yowza.

edit: no details yet but it sounds like these are the non-prospect roster-filler types ... still ...
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Many MLB teams are releasing MiLB players this week. To get a sense as to how abnormal these releases may or may not be, we looked at the average number of MiLB releases in March-May of the past three seasons.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Sad as it is, I can at least respect the teams that cut guys loose so they might be able to find opportunities in the future. Unlike the scumbag A's, who just stopped paying all their minor leaguers and are still managing to tie them to their contracts.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Sad as it is, I can at least respect the teams that cut guys loose so they might be able to find opportunities in the future. Unlike the scumbag A's, who just stopped paying all their minor leaguers and are still managing to tie them to their contracts.
        Yes, when even the Marlins are making you look bad, you have hit bottom as a franchise. Not only is it the wrong for them to cut off the measly sum they were giving, it is a bad PR move that players will remember. When your franchise gets outspent by a single generous player (Price), it isn't a good look at all.

Comment

Fortunately, the A's owner saw the light and reversed the decision. He admitted he was wrong, said he'd make it right, and didn't waffle or lawyer-speak his way through it. I have a little more respect for his saying, "I was wrong" rather than "mistakes were made"--although I'd respect him more if he hadn't made such a bad decision in the first place.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Working...
          X