Diaz and Downs for Whitley and Marquez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diaz and Downs for Whitley and Marquez

Which side would you prefer in a dynasty (not really a dynasty, but a very long term keeper set up that is complicated to explain).

Edwin Diaz and Jeter Downs or Forrest Whitley and Brailyn Marquez. The offer was made 2 for 1 for Whitley and I countered asking for Marquez as well, pushing the idea he will be a reliever. I like Diaz to bounce back and be great for years, and I'm a big fan of Downs. Whitley's stock fell hard last year, but he was so well regarded before that, this seems like maybe a buy low. But not so low that I can justify the 2 for 1. What do you think?

I'm NL-only so I only have one observation, but longterm EDiaz does lure some interest in this format.

his K numbers remained silly last year, and I think he was tipping pitches as he broke the all-time record by allowing 15 HR in the 9th inning (the horror....)

he has yet to convince me he is not terrified of pitching in NYC, but that may not happen this year and if he craps out he'll get a chance elsewhere.

I know of no health issues, so if he's on a team with little media attention or demanding fans in 2022, he could excel again.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I like Downs most of those prospects but I tend to discount pitchers. I would say Diaz/Downs by a narrow margin.

Comment

Yeah, he asked an expert online who said he likes Diaz and Downs a lot, but said not to trade the better prospects to get a closer--any closer. So the deal died.

Of course, he didn't tell the expert the peculiar aspects of our league that may have affected that assessment, and he still keeps bugging me abut Downs, but is only offering Marquez who is far riskier. I like Downs a lot too.

Comment

Working...
        X