Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Play Two Minor League Draft - Who should I take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Play Two Minor League Draft - Who should I take?

I have the #2 pick in the upcoming minor league draft for the upstart Let's Play Two dynasty league. I'm not in a position to compete this year as I spent selections on TJ pitchers like Thor and Severino. I'm debating between Robert & Adell for the 2nd selection. Anyone have thoughts on one over the other (or should I be looking at someone else)?

I think you should take Mathew Allan. He's the Mets top pitching prospect, and Mets pitchers always turn out great!

Comment

You're not thinking about this correctly. The right answer is to find out who has the #1 pick, jam their internet and cell phone, have them time out, and take Wander Franco.

Given your longer term view, I'd take Adell, though it's kinda like asking whether I'd prefer Chateau Petrus or Chateau Lafite Rothschild for the red wine that will age the best. I think they'll both be incredibly good, but while Adell might take an extra year, I like his plate discipline to give him a bit higher upside long term.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        You're not thinking about this correctly. The right answer is to find out who has the #1 pick, jam their internet and cell phone, have them time out, and take Wander Franco.

Given your longer term view, I'd take Adell, though it's kinda like asking whether I'd prefer Chateau Petrus or Chateau Lafite Rothschild for the red wine that will age the best. I think they'll both be incredibly good, but while Adell might take an extra year, I like his plate discipline to give him a bit higher upside long term.
        Thanks, my head was leaning this way too. Adell has the slight edge in power while Robert has the slight edge in speed, I just can't figure out which one has the better hit tool. Given Adell is younger makes me want to give him the slight edge.

Comment

You've got this all wrong. He, and all others in the league except me, need to take the wrong players.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            You've got this all wrong. He, and all others in the league except me, need to take the wrong players.
            LOL...I was gonna tell him to take the highest rated Braves player.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I already gambled on Riley & Wilson, shouldn't that count for something?

Comment

Given where I drafted, I barely ended up with any good Braves. Just Freddie and a couple of meh relievers (since it is SV + H).

Comment

Adell

Comment

People are too nice here. He's asking for advice from the same place everyone in the league came from. There should be far more snarky suggestions from other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                      People are too nice here. He's asking for advice from the same place everyone in the league came from. There should be far more snarky suggestions from other teams.
                      Kevin Maitan he is a can't miss prospect.

Comment

I have no chance at Adell or Robert so no harm giving my pov. Might not even take Robert at 3 but that’s just me and mainly because I like 2 other kids a lot. Hard to go wrong with first few picks as all are great prospects.

Comment

There are 4 of us from Atlanta by the way as Andy and Nate are also down here.

Comment

Originally posted by wombat104 View Post
                            Thanks, my head was leaning this way too. Adell has the slight edge in power while Robert has the slight edge in speed, I just can't figure out which one has the better hit tool. Given Adell is younger makes me want to give him the slight edge.
                            If you’re wondering about Hit Tool then it’s not Robert. Both had a lot of swing and miss don’t get me wrong but if Robert had a good Hit Tool then he’d be on another level. My knock against him is around his ability to hit enough.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                              Kevin Maitan he is a can't miss prospect.
                              Now, this is what should be happening! I did have a moment in a draft several years ago where I almost took him late in the portion where you take minor leaguers. I decided against him and went with a kid who had only played a third of a season in low A the year before due to injury. Fortunately, that guy was Acuna.

Comment

Working...
                              X