Let's Play Two Dynasty League Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Play Two Dynasty League Discussion

Well, we got 18 owners and we have seemingly agreed on rules. 5x5 with BA back went to 2 C and 1 UT, went up to 10 RSV. We are splitting up the drafts and doing the major league draft first. Any player with an at-bat or 1/3 of IP is eligible to be drafted including the major Asian players that came over this year. Then after we finish the major league draft we will do a 20 round farm draft where anyone who has rookie status still is eligible.

Hopefully, Rick can run the draft tracker thread again. We are currently using Ken's algorithm to pick draft slots. If everything goes well we could be making picks tomorrow.

Half-weekly roster moves, right? Hmmm.

Comment

That was a beast so let’s hope someone else volunteers on the tracker.....

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Half-weekly roster moves, right? Hmmm.
        Yep just lineup changes on Monday and Friday. Faab only runs once on Sunday nights.

Comment

Looks likes it's going to be a lot of fun, as the last one was. really wish that I could participate, but I just don't have the time right now. Somehow, I'm deemed an "essential" employee, something my employer might disagree with, but nonetheless, I work 50 hours a week. So checking in all the time really cut into my sleep and I'm at the age where I need that more than I ever did before. Plus, I'm already in 5 leagues, and it's the perfect mix, IMO. An AL only, NL only, points dynasty, large auction league, and the new dynasty. Something might have to go in the future, but I'm not quite there yet.

So keep posting and I'll watch avidly...might even comment, always constructive, never snarkily...LOL. Yeah, right.

Best of luck to all involved...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

So we are off and running in the draft. The Draft selection process was fun. I wanted a top farm draft pick and was shooting for 3rd, but wound up 5th. In the major league draft I was hoping for 3,4, or 6, but settled for 12th. My hope at 12 was to get Vlad which I know seemed unlikely but I had a feeling that we would go for a bit more proven guys this time. It got oh so close and Vlad went at pick 11. I settled for Trea Turner, speed is still something that can be hard to find and especially hard to find from a guy who helps you some in every category.

The turn went and it came back to me at pick 24 and I was really torn, no one else has picked sine me so I won't say any names, in the end, I took Gleyber Torres. He is 23 and has already proven that the power is pretty real and he gets to be in that Yankee lineup in Yankee stadium.

Got my middle infield for this year and two guys who I should be able to count on for a long time.

Comment

Nice to watch this from the sidelines...

I think you did very well to get your keystone combo. Plenty of speed and power and in a BA league, good averages as well as runs scored.

Interesting to see how hard pitching is going to get hit, as this year is still a mystery...starters might just be devalued as they'll not likely be going really deep in games for a while. If you can get the lucky MR who slots in after an opener, you might get a real leg up, but that's a crapshoot.

The only 1st rounder I might question is Meadows...he's got the talent, but the durability is a question mark.

Happy to see Rick validated my Tatis in the 1st draft pick by taking him 4 picks higher...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

I was aiming at Tatis of course at 8, but I'm ok with Betts, pairing him with Rendon on the way back gives me a not too old pair to build, I was going pitching, but the guy I wanted got sniped, Rick sniped me on the way down as well.

Damn snipes.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I went for the #16 slot just because I saw a drop off for 17 and 18. I ended up with older guys, but Arenado is only 28, and Freeman is only 30, so I like my start. MI is loaded right now, and CI gets a bit ugly after a while. We'll see how this works out.

Comment

So I prioritized #3 as my first choice (wanted Soto) but got my 3rd choice with the 6th pick. Why 6? Isn’t that terrible because there is a clear top-5? Yes. But, I figured a lot of people wouldn’t want #6 and with this style of KDS uniqueness was rewarded. If I couldn’t get Soto then I wanted Tatis or Vlad. So 6 would give me my choice and I chose Tatis. Power? Yes. Speed? Yes. Young? Yes. Position value? Yes.

Tatis checked all the boxes for me. Then on way back I consider myself very lucky to grab Hiura (would have liked Eloy too). SS + 2B locked down for a long time. Now it gets fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                      So I prioritized #3 as my first choice (wanted Soto) but got my 3rd choice with the 6th pick. Why 6? Isn’t that terrible because there is a clear top-5? Yes. But, I figured a lot of people wouldn’t want #6 and with this style of KDS uniqueness was rewarded. If I couldn’t get Soto then I wanted Tatis or Vlad. So 6 would give me my choice and I chose Tatis. Power? Yes. Speed? Yes. Young? Yes. Position value? Yes.

Tatis checked all the boxes for me. Then on way back I consider myself very lucky to grab Hiura (would have liked Eloy too). SS + 2B locked down for a long time. Now it gets fun!
                      Big risk, big reward. Both check all the boxes except for actually making contact with the baseball all that much. Those guys can get the K rate down just a bit and be superstars. They can also be exposed.

Comment

Yeah. Risk aversion is not a trait of mine as we'll likely see in my next pick....

Comment

Thought about Olsen a lot here--but the SBs were just too tempting.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            Thought about Olsen a lot here--but the SBs were just too tempting.
                            You definitely cashed in that BA cushion you had built up with Rendon and Mookie, so overall it will work as a group.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                              You definitely cashed in that BA cushion you had built up with Rendon and Mookie, so overall it will work as a group.
                              yeah that's what I was weighing, Olson's avg would have kept it elite, but again, there aren't too many players who can get you most of your speed by themselves.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X