Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: *** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Hall of Famer
    Johnny---I also am seeing something else I assume is wrong in the spreadsheet that we probably need to correct. All of the current or close to current players (maybe everyone who played in 2019?) is listed as normal rather than contemporary. From the rule, I assume they are all contemporary, correct?

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid hacko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cavebird View Post
    Johnny---I also am seeing something else I assume is wrong in the spreadsheet that we probably need to correct. All of the current or close to current players (maybe everyone who played in 2019?) is listed as normal rather than contemporary. From the rule, I assume they are all contemporary, correct?
    I think we took some of the newer years as normal to make them different then the steroid period - “ contemporary players “

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hacko View Post
    I think we took some of the newer years as normal to make them different then the steroid period - “ contemporary players “
    Do you know what the cutoff date is? I was just going by the rule posted at the start of the VD 14 draft thread: "For the purposes of this rule, a Contemporary hitter is a hitter who played at all in 1999 or any season after 1999."

Do you know what the cutoff date is? I was just going by the rule posted at the start of the VD 14 draft thread: "For the purposes of this rule, a Contemporary hitter is a hitter who played at all in 1999 or any season after 1999."
    2005 (inclusive)

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnya24 View Post
    2005 (inclusive)
    So you have to have played between 1999 and 2005 to be a contemporary hitter? Interesting. That changes things. Thanks for the heads up!

Hall of Famer
    I assume we didn't change any of the other designation rules---DB hitter and pitcher?

I assume we didn't change any of the other designation rules---DB hitter and pitcher?
    The modern pitcher designation was removed, but i think you already know that.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Sure ... let's say Friday. I'm still not sure either. Id like to test some of the lesser franchises a bit more.

There are 37 franchises, some are very weak, and overall i'd say that Franchises are more open than either letters or Decades.

That said we have expanded the participants this draft also. That's a consideration also.
    FWIW, I am still not far enough to know, but I think I would prefer 27. However, not enough to disturb a consensus and cause a poll. If someone else wants 27, too, then we can have a poll, and I would vote for it.

And, lol, I have now found 3 current hitters who still get the Contemporary designation. They are pretty obvious, I would imagine.

Waiting on Garp and mjl to get back to me ... if you have a way to contact them off site ... please do

Thx

Hall of Famer
    Can we go ahead and do the poll for the BY for Franchises? It would be nice to get that out of the way. If that somehow wins, all my prep is pretty much garbage.