*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    You know, I actually highly encourage you to do that.
    In reality I don't care enough about it to take him, but the concept that he's "yours" is patently false.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      In reality I don't care enough about it to take him, but the concept that he's "yours" is patently false.
      Well, I would really like you to try since you cannot legally take the guy I am planning to take, and my team needs lots of other teams to make mistakes to have a chance. Two teams other than me (or you) can use a wild card on him to put him at utility, which they are not going to do. Nobody else can legally take him. He is effectively mine.

Comment

Two teams other than me (or you) can use a wild card on him to put him at utility
        that's what I was referring to, although I didn't look at franchises to confirm

Comment

• Kiner in the 21st vs Killebrew in the 6th highlights where my team first went off course.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Kiner in the 21st vs Killebrew in the 6th highlights where my team first went off course.
            I tend to think of K in the RH category these days. It just drafts well.

Comment

• Shockingly with what I had for franchises, I was in a tricky spot for M. McKean filled a bunch of needs for me so SS and last use of a DB hitter. If you guys let me make all my picks now I might not finish too badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Kiner in the 21st vs Killebrew in the 6th highlights where my team first went off course.
                I'd say something similar, but the bane of one of my early pick's existence is still sitting there.

Comment

• Lets make it a purple turn.

Comment

• Amazingly enough all 3 other guys with L's can take Lee, now he probably makes no sense for Jmaeroff, but predicting Hacko and Heye is much harder ontop of the fact that I don't do real projections I can just see how he could fit for them. Cleveland had become a real problem for me and while I can definitely lose other players I have what I would call acceptable pivots most places. This really is a brutal format.

Edit - Ken also has an L left and could not take him but he had already gone so I wasn't including him.
                    Last edited by frae; 07-02-2020, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                      Amazingly enough all 3 other guys with L's can take Lee, now he probably makes no sense for Jmaeroff, but predicting Hacko and Heye is much harder ontop of the fact that I don't do real projections I can just see how he could fit for them. Cleveland had become a real problem for me and while I can definitely lose other players I have what I would call acceptable pivots most places. This really is a brutal format.
                      Yup, he was another battleground player. There's one or two others out there who I have for 3-4 teams and the alternatives are much worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                        Amazingly enough all 3 other guys with L's can take Lee, now he probably makes no sense for Jmaeroff, but predicting Hacko and Heye is much harder ontop of the fact that I don't do real projections I can just see how he could fit for them. Cleveland had become a real problem for me and while I can definitely lose other players I have what I would call acceptable pivots most places. This really is a brutal format.

Edit - Ken also has an L left and could not take him but he had already gone so I wasn't including him.
                        I haven't finished my projections (I haven't gotten to you), but I had Lee down for two teams already. You've gone and messed all my projections up. Which is probably good for me, lol.

Comment

I haven't finished my projections (I haven't gotten to you), but I had Lee down for two teams already. You've gone and messed all my projections up. Which is probably good for me, lol.
                          Well it least it sounds like you two doing projections also saw Lee going to other people.

Comment

• Yeah, but my projections are clearly garbage because of where they show me finishing. Then again, my team is clearly garbage, too.

Comment

• I have pm'd a pick to Johnny
                              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• One of the scary things about this draft is to see all the good players still on the board that I can't take....and assuming everyone else can grab them. I really hope everyone else is as boxed in as I am.
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X