*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    lot of wildcards left, so hard to tell what is safe and what isn't. at least franchises are locked down
    exactly
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Gonzo was at the top of my board for the last few rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        lot of wildcards left, so hard to tell what is safe and what isn't. at least franchises are locked down
        Yeah ... I hadn't planned on Chipper Jones, but he was falling into WC territory. Still wondering if that was a good decision.

Comment

• Well, that's swell. When I made my last pick I had both PIT and CIN open, so I reviewed the two and decided that PIT was a better franchise for me going forward so I should save it... then because I had PIT in mind, I selected that as my franchise. Oh well.

I did almost pick Rose with my second R wildcard last time.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Just finished my first draft of projections, and wow, I hope it comes out this way.....

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Just finished my first draft of projections, and wow, I hope it comes out this way.....
              Revo wins a blowout ?
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Just finished my first draft of projections, and wow, I hope it comes out this way.....
                Wow, that's bold. I can't imagine try to project stuff this far out, at least in this format. Too many wild cards. On the other hand, the franchise restrictions may make it easier.

Comment

In some ways it must be easier to project since options are limited
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    Wow, that's bold. I can't imagine try to project stuff this far out, at least in this format. Too many wild cards. On the other hand, the franchise restrictions may make it easier.
                    He did use the words first and hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                      He did use the words first and hope.
                      Yes. I am just impressed. That must be a mess to try to do now. So many wild cards remaining.

Comment

You do have both catchers taken, and all your quizy pain is behind you (heh, heh). You do need 2 MI, hard to believe you only have two hitters left. Will be an interesting finish.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          Well, that's swell. When I made my last pick I had both PIT and CIN open, so I reviewed the two and decided that PIT was a better franchise for me going forward so I should save it... then because I had PIT in mind, I selected that as my franchise. Oh well.

I did almost pick Rose with my second R wildcard last time.
                          I almost took Rose too but when you roll out of bed at 3:00 am you let the picks Rip.

Comment

• He's got me winning and is just rooting for me
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              He's got me winning and is just rooting for me
                              Well, I definitely want to see those projections!

Comment

• It was difficult. Looked for letters + franchises, and did some with the Era restrictions. Did NOT look for positions, so everyone who needs C and MI are probably pumped up a little more than they should. And I’m sure some have too many DP or CHs, but that’s usually better for those teams too.

Pretty much just gave everyone the benefit of the doubt. Some bad letters we know will just get shelved in pitching. Used the strategies for those I already knew.

Still, it’s just a basis, unlike last draft, where I didn’t do projections and tried something different, and it was disastrous.

I can say this: there’s going to be a battle at some letters. Some will win, others will lose. It looked like one particular letter/franchise combo was needed by a few teams.

Oh, and Heye wins in a walkover!

Comment

Working...
                                X