*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Burks is huge value this late...one extra franchise or WC would make a huge difference for a team
    Well, crapola, this is why I couldn't figure out revo's WC. My pick my be a while; I sort of gave up looking for different options after trying everything when I did projections and nothing amounted to anything. Now it will amount to even less since Burks was my pick. I have absolutely no clue who to take at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
      And I assume you are multiplying your era, whip deltas by (ip for the pitcher)/(average ip for the group). Easiest way to get average ip for the group is to find a similar draft, get the median ip for by, career, divide it by # of pitchers
      That's almost assuredly where I go wrong --- honestly, I don't really know how to do this. But this is how I end up with guys like Bryan Harvey sitting near the top of my pitching list.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Well, crapola, this is why I couldn't figure out revo's WC. My pick my be a while; I sort of gave up looking for different options after trying everything when I did projections and nothing amounted to anything. Now it will amount to even less since Burks was my pick. I have absolutely no clue who to take at this point.
        I had at least 3 people being interested in Burks and 2 (Revo and CB) taking him. Much like Jackie Robinson, I was surprised someone didn't take him earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          I had at least 3 people being interested in Burks and 2 (Revo and CB) taking him. Much like Jackie Robinson, I was surprised someone didn't take him earlier.
          Jackie Robinson was surprised that no one took Burks before Revo did ?
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Jackie Robinson was surprised that no one took Burks before Revo did ?
            J-Rob (as he likes to be called) has strong opinions about replacement value.

Comment

I was doomed right at the outset for not realizing the bizarre modern hitter rules we'd adopted for this thing and picking Eric Young so early.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                I was doomed right at the outset for not realizing the bizarre modern hitter rules we'd adopted for this thing and picking Eric Young so early.
                We needed 5 MH's IMO.

That said, Young was still a good pick with the QUIZY premium.

Comment

We needed 5 MH's IMO.

That said, Young was still a good pick with the QUIZY premium.
                  I disagree.

This format was way too easy, need something to make it more challenging
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I think I made a mistake letting all the good catchers go. Figured I would have a decent option, but sadly no. either that or saving my Z to pick a catcher and poor franchise was absolute genius. I'm not sure which
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

As I quickly redo projections, I must be completely missing something for revo; he's gone way down with taking Burks---although maybe this is because my previous projections had him with Robinson. Or Jim Johnson, lol. It would be funny if losing out on Jim Johnson was crucial in this draft.

Comment

• Ugh, thank god this draft is finally over!

Comment

• I really wanted to draft Smoltz... one of the two big regrets from messing up my PIT/CIN pick. I would have taken a PIT Hitter instead of Long, and Smoltz.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Ugh, thank god this draft is finally over!
                            you are taunting us ! Pick ! End the misery
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

you are taunting us ! Pick ! End the misery
                              Lol I made that snippy comment and then my brain told me that I had actually picked. OK, hopefully Ellis Burks is still available....

Comment

• I get an error on Johnny's line on the rounds sheet.

Comment

Working...
                                X