*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    I figured you were preparing the lube and it might have had Innis' name on it.

#sentencesthathaveneverhappenedbefore
    I should spend more time and plot a real course but I now only see two even remotely acceptable choices for me with I and Q with my franchises. I'll just have to make the rest work after. Time to hold my nose and make some picks.

Comment

• I'll send a pick to Bene, in case Ken shows up.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
        I should spend more time and plot a real course but I now only see two even remotely acceptable choices for me with I and Q with my franchises. I'll just have to make the rest work after. Time to hold my nose and make some picks.
        Ivie was the other alternative to whom I referred.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Ivie was the other alternative to whom I referred.
          I was thinking about Ivie, too. I am curious what you are going to do with your Q, however. Especially since I need two QUI guys and you pick before me, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            I was thinking about Ivie, too. I am curious what you are going to do with your Q, however. Especially since I need two QUI guys and you pick before me, lol.
            I figure I'll just draft Quisenberry in the 2nd and watch the scorched earth later.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I'm loading up the last 2 rounds, should be picking soon

Comment

• Only CJ can take Queen but I almost have to have him now.

Comment

• Major AARRGHH on Hanley Ramirez! I knew Ken was my biggest competition for some players, but I couldn't take them all. Time for Plan B....

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Major AARRGHH on Hanley Ramirez! I knew Ken was my biggest competition for some players, but I couldn't take them all. Time for Plan B....
                    MI is quickly becoming a wasteland !!
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Oops, that was for frae, obviously. And he went with a guy I couldn't take because of franchise, so I am happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Major AARRGHH on Hanley Ramirez! I knew Ken was my biggest competition for some players, but I couldn't take them all. Time for Plan B....
                        With the franchise restrictions big on the major franchises but less on the minor ones, I can see a lot of arghhs on those guys coming up. It was weird with Lidge for me---not so great a player, but I needed a minor franchise pitcher (other than the inevitable QUI garbage) and he was almost the only one out there that fit my letters. Bleck, it is a mess.

And, congrats to Ken--the first to finish all 11 of the required minor franchises.

Comment

• SPREADSHEET:

Small Update:

I added the number of Wildcards each person has used to the Letter Table on the Snapshot page

Comment

That Scherzer pick did me kinda dirty. Not sure why I kept waiting on him, honestly.
                            I looked at my S options as i was about to pick someone else ... wasn't pretty. it was Scherzer or garbage.

Probably should have checked that earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              I looked at my S options as i was about to pick someone else ... wasn't pretty. it was Scherzer or garbage.

Probably should have checked that earlier.
                              That's how this is going to get ugly. There are still plenty of great S players left---but only if you have the right franchises to draft them. But, in this case, it hardly matters---nobody has to take an S anymore---you were the last.

Comment

That's how this is going to get ugly. There are still plenty of great S players left---but only if you have the right franchises to draft them. But, in this case, it hardly matters---nobody has to take an S anymore---you were the last.
                                Was worried about WC's not S's.

Comment

Working...
                                X