Page 147 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1554

Thread: *** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

  1. #1461
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26,058
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Johnny says me, you say Johnny, Revo is happy, I fear CJ and DMT, along with everyone else now....this is going to be interesting. I just got home and have a work meeting in an hour and a half, probably will not pick before then, so hopefully later tonight. Maybe there will be an obvious pick, but it does not seem like it
    You have work meetings at 11 PM? Yikes!

  2. #1462
    All Star The Feral Slasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    7,822
    Quote Originally Posted by cavebird View Post
    You have work meetings at 11 PM? Yikes!
    yeah, not terribly excited about that, but it is west coast so just 830 !

  3. #1463
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26,058
    You have work meetings at 8:30 PM? Yikes! What do you do?

  4. #1464
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26,058
    Long work meetings apparently. Double yikes!

  5. #1465
    All Star The Feral Slasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    7,822
    Sorry for the wait...work was brutal today and will be tomorrow. I had Cicotte typed in last round before I switched to Cronin. Then I tried to talk myself out of him and got messed up trying to figure all the possibilities. Oh well, hopefully it works.

  6. #1466
    Hall of Famer johnnya24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Belfast, NI
    Posts
    29,227
    Quote Originally Posted by cavebird View Post
    I am just guessing with Johnny. CJ and DMT are dangerous, too, as are several others. If I ever finish projections, I'll know a bit more. So far in my projections, Ken wins. But that is probably because he's the only one I have projected and he has a lot more players than everyone else, lol.
    Can't see past Feral personally. I'm probably in a group of 6 or maybe 7 teams behind, any of which could conceivably win. I've only looked at my own team in any depth, and probably won't do projections this draft (no point, no time). I'm not really happy with where my numbers are going to be at. And although I have some player configurations to mess with, none give me the numbers I feel I need IMO.

    In hindsight, I don't think I gambled enough with this strat. Should have realized when Feral picked Mariano Rivera that I needed to gamble earlier. It's been a LONG time since I've tried a career ratio punt, and the previous times I've been burned by waiting too long on certain players (i.e. gambling). This time I feel I was too conservative in anchoring my pitching. Problem is, practically everyone can use the players I planned (Bradley, Tiant, King, Leonard) ... heck even the back ups went around the same time. It's a risky strategy ... I think it's better to back-door into this strat, rather than planning for it.

    Eyeballing things, I really like CJ's team, DMT and Revo look in great shape. Hacko could have a strong end game with his remaining options, and CB, Bene and Frae could be in contention depending their jigsaw puzzles.

    That said, apart from CJ and Feral, i haven't paid that much attention to other peoples teams and requirements.

  7. #1467
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    20,877
    It's an amazing thing when you think you just got screwed, but then find another combo that works out far better.

  8. #1468
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26,058
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Can't see past Feral personally. I'm probably in a group of 6 or maybe 7 teams behind, any of which could conceivably win. I've only looked at my own team in any depth, and probably won't do projections this draft (no point, no time). I'm not really happy with where my numbers are going to be at. And although I have some player configurations to mess with, none give me the numbers I feel I need IMO.

    In hindsight, I don't think I gambled enough with this strat. Should have realized when Feral picked Mariano Rivera that I needed to gamble earlier. It's been a LONG time since I've tried a career ratio punt, and the previous times I've been burned by waiting too long on certain players (i.e. gambling). This time I feel I was too conservative in anchoring my pitching. Problem is, practically everyone can use the players I planned (Bradley, Tiant, King, Leonard) ... heck even the back ups went around the same time. It's a risky strategy ... I think it's better to back-door into this strat, rather than planning for it.

    Eyeballing things, I really like CJ's team, DMT and Revo look in great shape. Hacko could have a strong end game with his remaining options, and CB, Bene and Frae could be in contention depending their jigsaw puzzles.

    That said, apart from CJ and Feral, i haven't paid that much attention to other peoples teams and requirements.
    That's one of the dangers of that strategy. I can promise you that Bradley and Tiant would not have made it past me if you waited on them and gave me one more shot.

  9. #1469
    Hall of Famer johnnya24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Belfast, NI
    Posts
    29,227
    Quote Originally Posted by cavebird View Post
    That's one of the dangers of that strategy. I can promise you that Bradley and Tiant would not have made it past me if you waited on them and gave me one more shot.
    The gambles were more with Carlton, King and Leonard ... for different reasons. Did i need Carlton? Could I have waited on King and Leonard? Did I need Leonard after picking Bradley and King etc etc.

  10. #1470
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26,058
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnya24 View Post
    The gambles were more with Carlton, King and Leonard ... for different reasons. Did i need Carlton? Could I have waited on King and Leonard? Did I need Leonard after picking Bradley and King etc etc.
    Yeah, you might have overkilled it there a bit.

    And I love what Feral is doing---he'll make this interesting until the end. If he dealt with some pain, still had a lead, and had some candy left at the end, it might be a boring finish where he coasts. Instead, he's going to sink or swim with the plan, keep a huge lead, and then have five rounds of pain at the end. He's got one WC left and his H. And LAD and CHC. And everything else is a whole bunch of ugly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •