No announcement yet.

*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So.....how is the franchise determined again? Sorry if this has been discussed. Sounds like it's not based on the BY?
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• It is based on five years with a franchise or the most years with a franchise; more than two franchises five years or more or a tie when no franchise for five years leads to multiple eligibility.

Comment

• If someone is able to do it without too much work, does anyone like the idea of using KDS to determine the draft order this time? It could be interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          It is based on five years with a franchise or the most years with a franchise; more than two franchises five years or more or a tie when no franchise for five years leads to multiple eligibility.
          Oh. I.......see?

Edit: Ah, the franchises are listed on the spreadsheet. Sweet.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Johnny---I did my check on the spreadsheet, but only found 36 franchises. The current 30 plus BLO, CLV, LOU, OEF, ONA, and PHA. Any clue what the last franchise is? And wow, as far as I can tell, that franchise has no hitters on the spreadsheet only with that franchise, lol. Might not matter much.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              So far the consensus is:

(1) 25
              (2) No flips
              (3) 4x4x4
              Can I have a couple days on the 25 consensus. I think I like it, but I would like to do a little research on how deep the franchises are---we might need 27 to make franchises have some bite. Not sure yet.

Comment

• Is the last franchise the old Washington Senators (1891-99)? If so, we didn't sort it right, because their best player was Kip Selbach, who did play for them for 5 years, but is listed as WSN (the current Nationals, who he obviously never played for). I think this is the team, but the spreadsheet doesn't show it. I think those player(s) (I don't know if Selbach is the only one; but WSN certainly shouldn't have any deadball players---they were an expansion franchise in 1969.

Comment

• I think this has to be it, but it is an easy fix---there are only seven WHS players on the spreadsheet: Bill Joyce (also SFG), Gene DeMontreville, Duke Farrell, Deacon McGuire, Kip Selbach, Win Mercer, and Al Maul. I can only see two usually getting drafted.

Comment

Can I have a couple days on the 25 consensus. I think I like it, but I would like to do a little research on how deep the franchises are---we might need 27 to make franchises have some bite. Not sure yet.
                    Sure ... let's say Friday. I'm still not sure either. Id like to test some of the lesser franchises a bit more.

There are 37 franchises, some are very weak, and overall i'd say that Franchises are more open than either letters or Decades.

That said we have expanded the participants this draft also. That's a consideration also.

Comment

• Any thoughts about WHS as the 37th franchise? I think I am right, but would love confirmation.

Comment

any thoughts about whs as the 37th franchise? I think i am right, but would love confirmation.
                        1 ana
                        2 ari
                        3 atl
                        4 bal
                        5 blo
                        6 bos
                        7 chc
                        8 chw
                        9 cin
                        10 cle
                        11 clv
                        12 col
                        13 det
                        14 fla
                        15 hou
                        16 kcr
                        17 lad
                        18 lou
                        19 mil
                        20 min
                        21 nym
                        22 nyy
                        23 oak
                        24 oef
                        25 ona
                        26 pha
                        27 phi
                        28 pit
                        29 sdp
                        30 sea
                        31 sfg
                        32 stl
                        33 tbd
                        34 tex
                        35 tor
                        36 was
                        37 wsn

Comment

• What is WAS? It is not on the spreadsheet at all.

Comment

• I suspect that it is the same as WHS, but the spreadsheet I downloaded had deadball players for WSN, which can't be right. I don't care if it is WAS or WHS (B-R's term), but to do my prep on franchises, I would like to know what it is.

Comment

I suspect that it is the same as WHS, but the spreadsheet I downloaded had deadball players for WSN, which can't be right. I don't care if it is WAS or WHS (B-R's term), but to do my prep on franchises, I would like to know what it is.
                              I'll check what Franchise/Team ID that was linked to and get back to you.

Comment

• This is how it should be:

WAS = Washington Senators (1892-1899)
                                WSN = Washington Nationals (2005+)
                                WSN = Montreal Expos (1971-2004)

Washington Senators (1901-60) = MIN
                                Washington Senators (1961-71) = TEX
                                Last edited by johnnya24; 05-20-2020, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X