*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    Hacko was in the same position as you and still needs an N and has ATL available. You absolutely had to take him when you did.
    I was going to take him.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
      I was going to take him.
      That makes perfect sense---he fits you as well as he fits Feral.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
        I was going to take him.
        Thanks bro, check is in the mail
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Absolutely great pick for you. Too many people don't use great ratios. That was a perfect way to use them--get rid of an OVEN letter with massive stats and iffy ratios that you don't have to worry about because you have them covered. Latham was a nice pick, too, but I am getting sick of saying that to DMT. My team appears to be too much of a mess to rein him in this time. Ugh--but well played, DMT.
          Thanks, but this is just your psy ops strategy to add pressure so you can tower over me when it all blows up, don't deny it! Upshaw could only be taken by three other teams, but one of them was you and what can I say, I'm looking out for the angels.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Thanks, but this is just your psy ops strategy to add pressure so you can tower over me when it all blows up, don't deny it! Upshaw could only be taken by three other teams, but one of them was you and what can I say, I'm looking out for the angels.
            I thought about him long and hard, but I wasn't going to touch him in this format. ATL is too good for that. But yeah, I might be wrong. Fascinating pick---easily the best QUI pitcher (there is a hitter with more or less the same problem) left, yikes. I am going to win or lose on my QUIZY theory this draft---and I am a bit worried that it will be the latter. Fascinating pick. Hat tip to you---and I love that I have gotten into your head--you have done the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              But yeah, it is all psy ops against you. So, don't trust a damn word I say. There goes the angel

Comment

• I deducted reputation from Heyelander.

Shouldn't be keeping people (me that is) waiting by inconveniently sleeping.

Comment

• I have to head out for a bit ... almost made a skip pick and forgot about Wildcards! Derp.

Comment

• It's unusual for heyelander to be absent for so long. Did anyone hear anything?

Comment

• I’ll send him a threatening telegraph.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I'm waffling on what pick to make.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          I'm waffling on what pick to make.
                          That’s a pretty BIG waffle

Comment

That would be a pointless gesture. Hell, if it helps me win, I might purposefully take the penalty. You see, we are going by the written rules, and they say a 15-pt. penalty. They also say we are going by multiplicitive scoring. While we show the scores logarithmically, the total scores are actually huge, huge numbers. Therefore, 15 points is essentially nothing.
                            I assume it's 15 points after taking the Log, no? 15 points would drop a person from 1st to 7th right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              I assume it's 15 points after taking the Log, no? 15 points would drop a person from 1st to 7th right now.
                              Of course ... I think he was joking.

Blank = 0 0 0 0 0 | 0 0 0 0 0

Then -15 points from your overall team points total.

Comment

• Here's the scores you posted last time. I believe the spirit of the rule would be 15 points off of what you are showing here. So you would drop to 10th.

1. cavebird 175.1
                                2. DMT 174.5
                                3. johnnya24 166.2
                                4. Feral Slasher 166.0
                                5. Bene Futuis 165.6
                                6. frae 163.5
                                7. Controller Jacobs 162.1
                                8. TS Garp 161.6
                                9. revo 160.6
                                10. hacko 156.0
                                11. ken 154.5
                                12. heyelander 153.2

Comment

Working...
                                X