*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frae View Post
    I am always bad at this part but I felt there were two reasonable pitchers I could take and didn’t want to risk losing them both on another round. Losing tannehill costs me a few by wins and ks so even with all my by ks i took Doc. This format is crazy. I did learn a few things if we ever do it again. I am going to be way short on DB pitchers because of the franchises I took. Oops.
    Franchise restrictions really limit DB pitchers don't they?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Plus most of them are good letters too
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Bonus points for the hidden cocaine category, too. 11 category talent.
        I was thinking we should add managers next time (by and career wins) and have 2 more categories. Just for something new.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

PIT still open ?
          Open your mind, man!!!!
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Open your mind, man!!!!
            The pit of consciousness never closes.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Yep. DB pitchers are scarily concentrated at a few letters and franchises. It's nuts. Part of my epic fail of a draft. I figured the limits on anything with four allowed would not be a problem and promptly drafted three contemporary hitters in the first four rounds. Turned out that this is the only one that actually was a limitation. Oh well, at least I have stopped wasting time with projections for now, lol.

Comment

Hope everyone is enjoying the 4th. It feels really weird to me and I usually don't enjoy it that much anyway. So much is good about our country...but man we have some issues. Anyway, the sun came out, it is a delightful 73 degrees and i am relaxing under a shady tree and not at work. Hope u are all well and having a great day
                I am glad the weather is good there! My afternoon/early evening involved the forecast suddenly getting better, my pulling out the grill, setting everything up, starting the coals, then having the forecast prove horribly wrong just before putting the meat on. Ended up doing all the obnoxious set up and clean up parts of grilling without any of the good stuff.

Comment

• sorry for my bad picks I'm about to make, I've put up a terrible showing this time.

Comment

• I been drinkin. I pick in mornin.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Well and plus it's not my turn, so that's another reason.

Comment

• You're not the only one. I lacked discipline early and am paying the price here. And wow, Johnny is going to win going away despite the ugliness he has left. He does a career ratio tank and finds four other people tanking career ratios worse than him---that turns two 2's into two 6's, and that is 9x your score in multiplicitive scoring. Meanwhile, I am the idiot with the great ratios and no wins or K's.

Comment

Well and plus it's not my turn, so that's another reason.
                          I pick when drunk all the time. That's pretty weak. The second explanation is a much better reason, lol.

Comment

Hope everyone is enjoying the 4th. It feels really weird to me and I usually don't enjoy it that much anyway. So much is good about our country...but man we have some issues. Anyway, the sun came out, it is a delightful 73 degrees and i am relaxing under a shady tree and not at work. Hope u are all well and having a great day
                            It was hot as a mofo today. Normally I'm not a big 4th kind of guy, either, but lighting those halfass fireworks with my kid is unbelievable fun. He was practically jumjping for joy with each one. Makes it a lot more awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                              You're not the only one. I lacked discipline early and am paying the price here. And wow, Johnny is going to win going away despite the ugliness he has left. He does a career ratio tank and finds four other people tanking career ratios worse than him---that turns two 2's into two 6's, and that is 9x your score in multiplicitive scoring. Meanwhile, I am the idiot with the great ratios and no wins or K's.
                              I was thinking this was going to happen....my early ratio strength not too valuable in this draft
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I was thinking this was going to happen....my early ratio strength not too valuable in this draft
                                Yeah, it looked good for you for a while, and you had Johnny fooled, but you'll end up above, but around, me. Figuring out what others will do is so tricky. Last draft, there were tons of saves and closers going off the board. This time, it is all about wins and K's, and the ratios are secondary.

Comment

Working...
                                X