No announcement yet.

*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't see Mcgriff until I was looking for combos for my rd 26 pick. Once I knew how many career runs I needed to get 4pts, I was locked in on Gwynn and Mcgriff. That's also why 1891 was necessary for Tiernan. 50 sbs for Mcgriff, 16 hrs for Gwynn
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Anybody else think O is really deep in this format? I think its all the Irish names in the early franchises
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• In contrast, L looked really shallow. Maybe they were all in franchises I took early

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
          Anybody else think O is really deep in this format? I think its all the Irish names in the early franchises
          I kept a modern hitter specially for O ... Olerud, Ordonez, Paul O'Neil. Figured I'd get one. Noone picked Orvil Overall

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            I kept a modern hitter specially for O ... Olerud, Ordonez, Paul O'Neil. Figured I'd get one. Noone picked Orvil Overall
            i had overall saved for like the last 10 rounds. But his lack of counting stats along with his franchise made me pass. Format really led to some oddities. Had Hendrix to myself too, but couldn't take him either. And couldn't take Zambrano because I needed Z for catcher...who was a Mariner so I couldn't grab Felix, who..... I think you guys probably understand the feeling
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
              In contrast, L looked really shallow. Maybe they were all in franchises I took early
              The 2010's have added little to L, whereas letters like K are now in the second Tier with H IMO.

Kemp, Kauff, Kimbrel, Koosman still out there ... with a letter I used to like to get out of the way early. Kaline and Kiner went undrafted last time.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                i had overall saved for like the last 10 rounds. But his lack of counting stats along with his franchise made me pass. Format really led to some oddities. Had Hendrix to myself too, but couldn't take him either. And couldn't take Zambrano because I needed Z for catcher...who was a Mariner so I couldn't grab Felix, who..... I think you guys probably understand the feeling
                You probably had more problems than most with your early game. Fitting 2 QUIZY's in the late game can't have been fun.

I kept CIN specifically to give me E and N flexibility ... noticed CIN had Eastwick, Eller, Ellis, Easkey Nolan, Nuxhall ... not to mention Perez, Pinson and Paul O'Neil.

I have no clue about the Franchises I picked earlier. I just excluded them after I picked them.

Comment

You probably had more problems than most with your early game. Fitting 2 QUIZY's in the late game can't have been fun.

I kept CIN specifically to give me E and N flexibility ... noticed CIN had Eastwick, Eller, Ellis, Easkey Nolan, Nuxhall ... not to mention Perez, Pinson and Paul O'Neil.

I have no clue about the Franchises I picked earlier. I just excluded them after I picked them.
                  Well I figured I could take Innis/Igarashi late and it wouldn't hurt me which turned out true Thought I could also take C Zambrano late. He actually fit well and no one took him. Somehow i couldn't make that work without trashing my hitting....mostly an error in not leaving another good franchise or two I think. Althought there were some oddities like LA where i had to take Jansen just to avoid wasting the franchise. Really "fun" format you gave us
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Well I figured I could take Innis/Igarashi late and it wouldn't hurt me which turned out true Thought I could also take C Zambrano late. He actually fit well and no one took him. Somehow i couldn't make that work without trashing my hitting....mostly an error in not leaving another good franchise or two I think. Althought there were some oddities like LA where i had to take Jansen just to avoid wasting the franchise. Really "fun" format you gave us
                    I actually had more fun with this draft than any I can remember. Letters and decades were getting boring AF.

Comment

Also props to DMT. He looked like he could contend right up to the end ... got his pitching balance all wrong IMO, or else he'd have had a great chance ... everything else was looking in great shape. I remember thinking Charlie Sweeney was a completely unnecessary pick. That one pick probably cost you a legit chance of winning.
                      Thanks...yea I definitely screwed the pooch on the pitching balance. And I agree that franchises was fun albeit also very difficult.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I remember seeing O and said, ok time to get Amos Otis before the big run.

Well, my final franchise pick was CHW (and I could’ve taken Bob James or Grant Jackson instead of Jenks) and hello, there is Magglio Ordonez going undrafted.

Magglio over Otis was an additional 4 pts. Doh.

Comment

I actually had more fun with this draft than any I can remember. Letters and decades were getting boring AF.
                          yeah, it was fun, but parts of it really frustrating. I'd like to take a few weeks off, but I wouldn't mind doing franchises again since i wouldn't have to do much prep.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            I remember seeing O and said, ok time to get Amos Otis before the big run.

Well, my final franchise pick was CHW (and I could’ve taken Bob James or Grant Jackson instead of Jenks) and hello, there is Magglio Ordonez going undrafted.

Magglio over Otis was an additional 4 pts. Doh.
                            did you have a modern hitter left ? that is one thing i screwed up, not having a modern hitter slot combined with needing to draft from mostly modern franchises was really not a good idea
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• My other big dilemma was Kevin Brown, Charlie Hough or Tom Gordon. They were all close ... Gordon might have been the safer pick in hindsight.

Comment

I was really happy to have Zernial as a QUIZY lock and Zito as a semi-lock (CJ would have had to use his SFG and Zito wasn't a great fit). Need to try Zito and see if he was better.

Comment

Working...
                                X