*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    crap, not sure what it was, but i screwed that up . My SS showed me much better than it should have, lol.
    Just so no one ever does this to themselves -- if you have a guy who is not on the spreadsheet and you use another player as a proxy and modify his stats -- MAKE SURE YOU DONT JUST UPDATE WHIP AND ERA, you need to adjust the actual ER, BB, Hits. I checked on the snapshot page and that matched the player stats I entered, but the standings apparently use IP along with ER , BB and hits which of course makes sense if you stop and think about it.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• taking Ruth in Rnd 1 and Youkilis in round 26 improves my score like 10 points. (there would have been a couple of other changes to make that work, but it's negligible I think.)
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        taking Ruth in Rnd 1 and Youkilis in round 26 improves my score like 10 points. (there would have been a couple of other changes to make that work, but it's negligible I think.)
        I'm ok with you stealing Babe Ruth at this point
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Since nobody can take him now, I can point out my ultimate frustration this draft. I thought taking Waddell in Round 7 was quite a reasonable pick. The fact that Waddell only slightly light, with the same franchise and similarly good letter, in the form of Chief Bender went completely undrafted shows how far out of it my draft was.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            Since nobody can take him now, I can point out my ultimate frustration this draft. I thought taking Waddell in Round 7 was quite a reasonable pick. The fact that Waddell only slightly light, with the same franchise and similarly good letter, in the form of Chief Bender went completely undrafted shows how far out of it my draft was.
            There's going to be quite a list of "I can't believe he went undrafted" players.

Comment

• I was going to burn a WC on Bender but was concerned about using the OAK franchise back when I had some good options there. Decent chance I don't even use the OAK franchise at all now.

Strategery!
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
                Speaking of Cleveland pitchers, I think everyone who's doing projections knows exactly whom I'm taking here. Hard to believe a 200-win QUIZY pitcher dropped all the way to Round 27. (I know, I know, his ratios -- but still.) Babe Ruth called him the toughest pitcher he ever faced. He also had the highest lifetime batting average for any player who was exclusively a pitcher (which helps me not at all, but is nonetheless an interesting factoid).
                For a moment I considered using a WC on him... since my ratios are in the tank already, it was a consideration. The saves ended up helping me more than Wins in the end, but it would have been fun to use a WC on a QUIZY. Also means I fucked something up dreadfully early on.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  There's going to be quite a list of "I can't believe he went undrafted" players.
                  Yep. Were some I desperately wanted to take but just didn't have enough wild cards.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
                    Speaking of Cleveland pitchers, I think everyone who's doing projections knows exactly whom I'm taking here. Hard to believe a 200-win QUIZY pitcher dropped all the way to Round 27. (I know, I know, his ratios -- but still.) Babe Ruth called him the toughest pitcher he ever faced. He also had the highest lifetime batting average for any player who was exclusively a pitcher (which helps me not at all, but is nonetheless an interesting factoid).
                    you got 3000 career wins, but failed to reach 30,000 career strikeouts. Maybe next draft.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Are we there yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                        Are we there yet?
                        I win. You get second. Everyone else fucks right off.

Congrats, buddy! We rule.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          I win. You get second. Everyone else fucks right off.

Congrats, buddy! We rule.
                          Sounds great, let's go party while socially distancing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            Dang, sorry.
                            Thanks....this whole draft has been a headache. What did I do to deserve this ?
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              Thanks....this whole draft has been a headache. What did I do to deserve this ?
                              You engaged in VD with a guy named Bene Futuis?
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                You engaged in VD with a guy named Bene Futuis?
                                Fake News !!!
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X