*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    You do have both catchers taken, and all your quizy pain is behind you (heh, heh). You do need 2 MI, hard to believe you only have two hitters left. Will be an interesting finish.
    I need one MI :goesandchecks:. Yup, only one (Utley & Zobrist).

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      I need one MI :goesandchecks:. Yup, only one (Utley & Zobrist).
      yeah, i missed that. If you can find the pitchers you need you could be looking good
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Not loving this next pick; even for a ratio-punter like me that WHIP is a real eyesore. But N is swiftly becoming a vast desert, so here goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          yeah, i missed that. If you can find the pitchers you need you could be looking good
          although I gotta say I have no idea how to predict some of the pitching choices coming up, so perhaps a wide range of outcomes. Lots of other variables too. This is crazy
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
            Not loving this next pick; even for a ratio-punter like me that WHIP is a real eyesore. But N is swiftly becoming a vast desert, so here goes.
            He is a ratio tank essential. Hell, it's even more fun if you go for the big K season he had--1938. 20 wins and 226 K with a 5.08 ERA and a 1.596 WHIP---yikes!

Comment

• I don't believe Mullane is a legal pick. That's his 4th WC.

B - Burkett, Brouthers
              R - Ramirez, Ramsey
              S - Schmidt, Spahn
              M - Mays, Mullane

Comment

I don't believe Mullane is a legal pick. That's his 4th WC.

B - Burkett, Brouthers
                R - Ramirez, Ramsey
                S - Schmidt, Spahn
                M - Mays, Mullane
                that's what I see as well
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I don't believe Mullane is a legal pick. That's his 4th WC.

B - Burkett, Brouthers
                  R - Ramirez, Ramsey
                  S - Schmidt, Spahn
                  M - Mays, Mullane
                  Messaged. As per the rules, he has 1 hour to re-pick from the time the error was spotted, then the draft moves on and he can re-pick whenever.

13. If a player makes an invalid or incorrect selection, he will have 1 hour to correct the pick from the time the error is noted in the thread. After that time has passed, the next player will be on the clock to pick. Anyone who is skipped may reselect their pick whenever they return from all players still available at that time

Comment

• Yeah, this is going to get really ugly by the end trying to get our letters and franchises in.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                      He is a ratio tank essential. Hell, it's even more fun if you go for the big K season he had--1938. 20 wins and 226 K with a 5.08 ERA and a 1.596 WHIP---yikes!
                      Ha -- saw that. Didn't think it was possible to win 20 games with a 5+ ERA. If Bobo's not the only one to achieve it, he's gotta be one of just a small handful.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
                        Ha -- saw that. Didn't think it was possible to win 20 games with a 5+ ERA. If Bobo's not the only one to achieve it, he's gotta be one of just a small handful.
                        Probably several in 1894, still the juiciest ball season ever. And after checking, nope, they seem to have managed to keep the ERA's just under 5---but some got 20 wins with WHIPs over 1.6, lol.

Comment

• Even though it’s technically just an hour we could probably wait a bit if we needed.....
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            Even though it’s technically just an hour we could probably wait a bit if we needed.....
                            He already re picked
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• It was an edit I think so might not show up
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• And that is the last of the all-time scoring category leaders! Nice pick!

Comment

Working...
                                X