Page 140 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1642

Thread: *** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Just finished my first draft of projections, and wow, I hope it comes out this way.....
    You do have both catchers taken, and all your quizy pain is behind you (heh, heh). You do need 2 MI, hard to believe you only have two hitters left. Will be an interesting finish.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid hacko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    Well, that's swell. When I made my last pick I had both PIT and CIN open, so I reviewed the two and decided that PIT was a better franchise for me going forward so I should save it... then because I had PIT in mind, I selected that as my franchise. Oh well.

I did almost pick Rose with my second R wildcard last time.
    I almost took Rose too but when you roll out of bed at 3:00 am you let the picks Rip.

He's got me winning and is just rooting for me
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    He's got me winning and is just rooting for me
    Well, I definitely want to see those projections!

It was difficult. Looked for letters + franchises, and did some with the Era restrictions. Did NOT look for positions, so everyone who needs C and MI are probably pumped up a little more than they should. And Iím sure some have too many DP or CHs, but thatís usually better for those teams too.

Pretty much just gave everyone the benefit of the doubt. Some bad letters we know will just get shelved in pitching. Used the strategies for those I already knew.

Still, itís just a basis, unlike last draft, where I didnít do projections and tried something different, and it was disastrous.

I can say this: thereís going to be a battle at some letters. Some will win, others will lose. It looked like one particular letter/franchise combo was needed by a few teams.

Oh, and Heye wins in a walkover!

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    You do have both catchers taken, and all your quizy pain is behind you (heh, heh). You do need 2 MI, hard to believe you only have two hitters left. Will be an interesting finish.
    I need one MI :goesandchecks:. Yup, only one (Utley & Zobrist).

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    I need one MI :goesandchecks:. Yup, only one (Utley & Zobrist).
    yeah, i missed that. If you can find the pitchers you need you could be looking good

Double-A
    Not loving this next pick; even for a ratio-punter like me that WHIP is a real eyesore. But N is swiftly becoming a vast desert, so here goes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    yeah, i missed that. If you can find the pitchers you need you could be looking good
    although I gotta say I have no idea how to predict some of the pitching choices coming up, so perhaps a wide range of outcomes. Lots of other variables too. This is crazy

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jmaeroff View Post
    Not loving this next pick; even for a ratio-punter like me that WHIP is a real eyesore. But N is swiftly becoming a vast desert, so here goes.
    He is a ratio tank essential. Hell, it's even more fun if you go for the big K season he had--1938. 20 wins and 226 K with a 5.08 ERA and a 1.596 WHIP---yikes!