Page 137 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1642

Thread: *** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Interesting that there appears to be 4 career ratio punters. Johnny's trying to pull off the career ratio punt with the great BYs, which I tried last VD but failed miserably.
    I've never succeeded in doing this straight up before. I've back-doored into this a few times though. Joncarlos always screwed me over when I tried it before straight up ... and then frustratingly he'd abandon it after he'd left me for dead.

Problem is, the pitchers you need to pull it off are wanted by everyone else. I got around that by picking them early .. which of course has it's negatives.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I've never succeeded in doing this straight up before. I've back-doored into this a few times though. Joncarlos always screwed me over when I tried it before straight up ... and then frustratingly he'd abandon it after he'd left me for dead.

Problem is, the pitchers you need to pull it off are wanted by everyone else. I got around that by picking them early .. which of course has it's negatives.
    Your strategy seems fine, but the key to pulling something like this off is to get enough production while ignoring a couple of categories at the bad letters. You have nine picks with Z, V, E, and N left and 4 non-Big 16 franchises. The value you can get out of that will determine how you finish.

Hall of Famer
    Hell, I might be doing the inverse with a career win/K soft-tank (soft-tank = I didn't mean to, but oops) but that strategy is awfully difficult due to the IP minimum.

SPREADSHEET:

Small update: I automated the Wildcards on the Snapshot and "Let" tabs.

The only renaming manual element (apart from the "Rounds" tab obvs) is the Positions section of the Snapshot.

--------

I was planning on modifying the Franchise selections for each team based on Franchise strength rather than the current alphabetical format

Something like:

column 1, strongest franchises
    column 2, meh franchises
    column 3, joke franchises

And maybe use different conditional formatting for each. That way you could get a good impression of a teams Franchise strength/weakness from a glance.

I'll see if I have time, or if it'll be worth it. Probably not for this draft.

Hall of Famer
    FWIW, not commenting any further on the strength of franchises, here is the list of how many non-Big 16 franchises that each team still needs to take---everyone needs to take at least 11 (27 players - 16 Big 16 franchises):

Hacko--1
    DMT--5
    Feral--5
    Heyelander--2
    Johnny--4
    Controller Jacobs--2
    Jmareoff--3
    Mookie--2
    Revo--3
    cavebird--4
    Bene--3
    frae--4
    Ken--2

RJEL Girl's birthday today (Monday actually, but the place she wanted to go to is closed Monday night) so we were running around a good bit today. I've got soup kitchen duty tomorrow, so hopefully it gets back to me before that. Otherwise, probably 5pm or so tomorrow night.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    What do you mean, soup kitchen duty?

Hall of Famer
    I assume he means that he volunteers at a soup kitchen on Sundays, or at least some of them. Not something that your church does, lol.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Big if true.

Hall of Famer
    I can't imagine what else soup kitchen duty would mean. But then again, I assume the best about people. Maybe he's going to cook soup that is really good and eat it all, lol.