*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Oh, I read it as you couldn't take either one.
    Hopefully, I don't have those guys on my short list, lol, but I am sure one has snuck into one of mine before.

Comment

• Delahanty a nice pick, and (like Joss) a tragic figure.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
        Delahanty a nice pick, and (like Joss) a tragic figure.
        Very nice pick, indeed. He might have been a better pick than Hugh Duffy, although I'd already blocked myself out of the PHI franchise. Nothing worse than picking some letter relatively early on and seeing a guy you can't pick just sit there and sit there and sit there, taunting you, mocking your very existence.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Very nice pick, indeed. He might have been a better pick than Hugh Duffy, although I'd already blocked myself out of the PHI franchise. Nothing worse than picking some letter relatively early on and seeing a guy you can't pick just sit there and sit there and sit there, taunting you, mocking your very existence.
          Duffy lived to a ripe old age.

Comment

• Would you be interested in learning more about our lord and savior, Rube Waddell?
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              Would you be interested in learning more about our lord and savior, Rube Waddell?
              Another tragic figure.

Comment

• This is going to be a f'king bloodbath.

I can only see roadblocks and compromises ahead.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  johnny, Tiant is the 4th player you've taken from my VD 14 squad, get off my d, yo!
                  5 of 9...do I need to change my locks?
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    5 of 9...do I need to change my locks?
                    D is about to fall off a cliff, and I can't pick some of the other options, so Dahlen felt like the best of a bunch of sketchy options. Is it even good to fill out my Mi this early? Even that feels wrong. I never do that.

Was going to reluctantly pick Delahanty, which probably would have been a mistake, so glad Heye took that one away from me.

Avoiding modern hitters like the plague ... but they are soooooooooooo tempting.

Comment

• This may be a silly question, but what's considered a "Contemporary" player? I assumed I knew what it was, but then saw Mike Trout, Joey Votto amongst others listed as "Normal". Is it safe to assume that's just a mistake or am I missing something?

Comment

• Originally posted by MookieTyme View Post
                        This may be a silly question, but what's considered a "Contemporary" player? I assumed I knew what it was, but then saw Mike Trout, Joey Votto amongst others listed as "Normal". Is it safe to assume that's just a mistake or am I missing something?
                        I think "contemporary" is defined as players who played in 1999-2004, inclusive.

Comment

• Probably a little too early to take a Yankee. But I needed a SS and they're going fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
                            I think "contemporary" is defined as players who played in 1999-2004, inclusive.
                            That is correct they are the Steroid Boys. Plus on the scoresheet it will list them as contemporary.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                              That is correct they are the Steroid Boys. Plus on the scoresheet it will list them as contemporary.
                              Gotcha, steroids. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by MookieTyme View Post
                                Gotcha, steroids. Thanks.
                                Allegedly.

Comment

Working...
                                X