Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182
Results 1,811 to 1,816 of 1816

Thread: *** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    i'm curled up in a ball in a dark room. My excel skills and Johnny's spreadsheet do me in
    LOL. The player who I had for you, whose name rhymes with Shmegg Flolland, has you 2 pts better, vaulting you into 3rd. But for now, you have to settle as an also-ran like the rest of us.

Double-A
    Speaking of Cleveland pitchers, I think everyone who's doing projections knows exactly whom I'm taking here. Hard to believe a 200-win QUIZY pitcher dropped all the way to Round 27. (I know, I know, his ratios -- but still.) Babe Ruth called him the toughest pitcher he ever faced. He also had the highest lifetime batting average for any player who was exclusively a pitcher (which helps me not at all, but is nonetheless an interesting factoid).

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    LOL. The player who I had for you, whose name rhymes with Shmegg Flolland, has you 2 pts better, vaulting you into 3rd. But for now, you have to settle as an also-ran like the rest of us.
    I had a different guy. Probably wouldnt have mattered.

I had a different guy. Probably wouldnt have mattered.
    had Johnny taking a different guy too, will be curious to make some replacements at the end and see what happens

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid hacko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnya24 View Post
    What's the deal with Mesa?
    my Indians were going to win the World Series when he came in and choke on a big bag of dicks - losing the lead. All Indians fans only call him by his name Jose Fuckin Mesa. Omar also ripped him for his choke job

crap, not sure what it was, but i screwed that up . My SS showed me much better than it should have, lol.
    Just so no one ever does this to themselves -- if you have a guy who is not on the spreadsheet and you use another player as a proxy and modify his stats -- MAKE SURE YOU DONT JUST UPDATE WHIP AND ERA, you need to adjust the actual ER, BB, Hits. I checked on the snapshot page and that matched the player stats I entered, but the standings apparently use IP along with ER , BB and hits which of course makes sense if you stop and think about it.