No announcement yet.

*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shit, got wife waylaid! Still gonna pick.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Wow, I can really be a kingmaker here. I just might fuck someone over unintentionally. I'm about to pick what I think gives me the most points but there are two players with four options that are all extremely close to one another. I did a five second projection for frae and Ken that I'm sure is wrong. Well, here goes (and congrats to the person I may have just crowned lol).
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Also shoulda gone with Erstad and N pitcher instead of Ellsworth or whatever the fuck his name is and N hitter. Easy to say now, much harder a couple rounds ago.

Comment

• Tried to find a way to move up more but the best choice for me was Bond with the low ERA/WHIP BY instead of the wins. At one point when I guessed on Bene taking Nevin I saw a way to tie Johnny and CJ by taking Al Spalding but it would not have been the best point total for me so I wasn't going to do it but it would have been hysterical to see a tie. Congrats to both of them on a great draft.

Comment

• Don't know who won, but I know made a huge error passing 3 times on John Ward. Didn't track oef, and didn't note that the Plank and Maddux combo meant the extra BY strikeouts were acutely important
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Congrats Johnny and CJ and DMT. -- and everyone else who survived this ordeal
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Congrats to the top 3!

Here's some notable players that were not drafted:

Hitters
                - Eddie Mathews
                - Ernie Banks
                - Duke Snider
                - Billy Williams
                - Norm Cash
                - Mickey Cochrane
                - Indian Bob Johnson
                - Roy Campanella
                - Ken Williams
                - Jim Rice
                - Dave Parker
                - Bill Terry
                - Alan Trammell
                - Joe Medwick
                - Hal Trosky
                - Jimmy Ryan
                - Del Ennis
                - Shoeless Joe Jackson
                - Bill Nicholson

Pitchers
                - Al Spalding
                - Jack Chesbro
                - Juan Marichal
                - Lee Smith
                - Joe McGinnity
                - Chief Bender
                - Craig Kimbrel
                - Curt Schilling
                - Ron Guidry
                - Catfish Hunter
                - Orval Overall
                - Eric Gagne
                - John Hiller
                - Babe Adams
                - Bruce Sutter

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  Congrats Johnny and CJ and DMT. -- and everyone else who survived this ordeal
                  Looks like you nudged me for 3rd after the final pick...even though I had you by 7.5 points in additive scoring. And CJ almost got to join me in the "winners until the final pick club" but johnny vaulted back ahead after frae's pick. Congrats fellas.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Congrats johnny
                    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Also shoulda gone with Erstad and N pitcher instead of Ellsworth or whatever the fuck his name is and N hitter. Easy to say now, much harder a couple rounds ago.
                      Ha! I was right! I had you with Erstad and Vladimir Nunez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                        Don't know who won, but I know made a huge error passing 3 times on John Ward. Didn't track oef, and didn't note that the Plank and Maddux combo meant the extra BY strikeouts were acutely important
                        We were the two who got caught out on OEF. I saw that at the beginning--11 great players and garbage, and somehow still let it happen to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          Ha! I was right! I had you with Erstad and Vladimir Nunez.
                          Yup, as did I. Not sure which turned out better.

Comment

• Congrats to Johnny---well executed plan, and nothing is better than tanking two categories and getting 6 points in both of them anyway. Well done to Controller Jacobs and Feral as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Yup, as did I. Not sure which turned out better.
                              Our projection does---it gives him a couple of points and he passes you for fifth.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                Looks like you nudged me for 3rd after the final pick...even though I had you by 7.5 points in additive scoring. And CJ almost got to join me in the "winners until the final pick club" but johnny vaulted back ahead after frae's pick. Congrats fellas.
                                I tried to hand it to you picking Hampton. Dan Haren would have got me 4 more points.
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X