No announcement yet.

*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok gonna be a while for me anyways - watching a movie and having dinner.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Well, bleck. I would have hoped that a great set of stats at M and a good franchise would actually help me in the standings, but he puts me just behind a lot of people in a few categories. Meh. This team of mine is starting to go downhill.

Comment

• Now it’s “which order do I pick to prevent the least amount of snaking” time.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Now it’s “which order do I pick to prevent the least amount of snaking” time.
          Yeah, that's tough. Some guys are easy to wait on, but others, you just don't know. I really needed Morris, for example, and almost anyone could have taken him, but he went undrafted last time, so would anyone? I figured I had no way forward without him, so I just grabbed him over a guy who might get snaked on the turn because I didn't really have a backup for him and I did for the other guy.

Comment

Yeah, so many considerations trying not to get shut out in each letter....and franchise
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              Yeah, that's tough. Some guys are easy to wait on, but others, you just don't know. I really needed Morris, for example, and almost anyone could have taken him, but he went undrafted last time, so would anyone? I figured I had no way forward without him, so I just grabbed him over a guy who might get snaked on the turn because I didn't really have a backup for him and I did for the other guy.
              With the franchise limitations, a guy like Morris was certain to be picked. You have to choose the path of least resistance.

I didn’t have a real capable replacement for Lolich between the letter (many still needed) and franchise (I didn’t really have another DET option).

Comment

The game theory gets impossible. I'll give a bit of my strategy away here (not that figuring this out is rocket science)--I have my ATL pick reserved for a wild card pitcher. There are six pitchers I am considering for that pick. All are great in different ways. There are only three other teams with ATL left---I assume they could use a wild card the same way I can. I'd rather wait to see which of the pitchers helps me most---but I don't want it to be one that someone snaked on me first. Just ugly. A game of chicken more or less.

Comment

With the franchise limitations, a guy like Morris was certain to be picked. You have to choose the path of least resistance.

I didn’t have a real capable replacement for Lolich between the letter (many still needed) and franchise (I didn’t really have another DET option).
                  Obviously, I didn't have a letter problem with Morris, but yeah, I had a Pirates problem (despite tons of good Pirates left--I just didn't have the right letters for them). So I had to grab now.

Comment

• That Scherzer pick did me kinda dirty. Not sure why I kept waiting on him, honestly.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Jeff Innis was one of those battleground picks. Lots of teams “needed” him (for lack of a better term), and now many of the alternatives are ugggglay.

Comment

Jeff Innis was one of those battleground picks. Lots of teams “needed” him (for lack of a better term), and now many of the alternatives are ugggglay.
                        Not a ton of alternatives for me at all, honestly. Glad I'm done with QUIZY but that's kind of a shitter of a pick lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          Not a ton of alternatives for me at all, honestly. Glad I'm done with QUIZY but that's kind of a shitter of a pick lol.
                          Go to church! Argh, the alternative path for me feels much worse.

Comment

• It's a tough call. He was why I was so hesitant on HoJo (also NYM). I decided on worse ratio pain and more stats. Not sure if it will help or hurt me. But he was a completely reasonable choice for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                              Go to church! Argh, the alternative path for me feels much worse.
                              I figured you were preparing the lube and it might have had Innis' name on it.

#sentencesthathaveneverhappenedbefore

Comment

• Lube Rock!

Comment

Working...
                                X