*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    What was his handle? I remembered him as Teenwolf, but I was wrong about that. He was young---and I say that knowing I was young then, but not as young as he was, lol.

And any idea where Johnny is? We might be able to get a spate of picks tonight, or tomorrow might be very boring.
    pjs24

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      You were Idle Hands werent you ? Hard to remember
      I have no idea what you’re talking about, lol

Comment

• When convenient would someone please post (or tell me where to locate) the following?:
        1) The formula/rules for determining which franchise(s) a given player is eligible for.
        2) The multiplicative formula for determining our scores.
        Many thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          I have no idea what you’re talking about, lol
          Idle hands league that bene set up maybe in 2014 ? Lasted for two years i think
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• It is in threads in this thing. I found (after asking) the multiplicitive scoring thing last draft. I think the franchise rules are in the official rules at the start of the draft thread. Since we are dead for the night (apparently, being 5 AM in NI means Johnny isn't around, lol), if you have a pick, feel free to PM me or DMT or whoever you want with it (I would avoid those drafting before you, lol). For franchises, the rule is that if a player played 5 seasons or parts of five seasons for a franchise, he is eligible for that franchise--any that apply. If a player did not play 5 seasons or parts of 5 seasons for any franchise, it is the franchise that the player played the most seasons or parts of seasons for. If there is a tie, all of the franchises tied are eligible.

Comment

Idle hands league that bene set up maybe in 2014 ? Lasted for two years i think
              Actually i think we played 2015 and 2016 before it destructed
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Actually i think we played 2015 and 2016 before it destructed
                Wayne, cj, bene., fresno, trana, mgwiz, gc, some guys frim pony. Not sure who else.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
                  When convenient would someone please post (or tell me where to locate) the following?:
                  1) The formula/rules for determining which franchise(s) a given player is eligible for.
                  2) The multiplicative formula for determining our scores.
                  Many thanks.
                  I think and hope the franchise eligibility is in the link on the first page of the draft thread
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Wayne, cj, bene., fresno, trana, mgwiz, gc, some guys frim pony. Not sure who else.
                    And sporer.of course
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                      It is in threads in this thing. I found (after asking) the multiplicitive scoring thing last draft. I think the franchise rules are in the official rules at the start of the draft thread. Since we are dead for the night (apparently, being 5 AM in NI means Johnny isn't around, lol), if you have a pick, feel free to PM me or DMT or whoever you want with it (I would avoid those drafting before you, lol). For franchises, the rule is that if a player played 5 seasons or parts of five seasons for a franchise, he is eligible for that franchise--any that apply. If a player did not play 5 seasons or parts of 5 seasons for any franchise, it is the franchise that the player played the most seasons or parts of seasons for. If there is a tie, all of the franchises tied are eligible.
                      Thanks. If anyone remembers which thread it is that has the multiplicative scoring formula, please LMK.

Comment

I think and hope the franchise eligibility is in the link on the first page of the draft thread
                        In the player spreadsheet you mean? The franchises each player is eligible for are listed as a column in there, but I didn't see a formula in the spreadsheet that explains how franchise eligibility is determined. Cavebird cleared it up, though.

Comment

• EVENTUALLY... johnny will finish the real spreadsheet that has pretty much everything you will want in it. Scoring, who can take what, (blackouts for franchises and letters taken) all players... a bunch of other tabs that I never look at...
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
                            In the player spreadsheet you mean? The franchises each player is eligible for are listed as a column in there, but I didn't see a formula in the spreadsheet that explains how franchise eligibility is determined. Cavebird cleared it up, though.
                            Yeah, Johnny and Ken did a bunch of legwork before the draft to determine players' eligible franchises based off of years played per franchise with data pulled from the be-all, end-all data base - Lahman.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• If CJ's still here let me know and I'll fire a quick pick off ...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                If CJ's still here let me know and I'll fire a quick pick off ...
                                it's close to 2 am there. He'll probably be up in about 4 hours.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X