Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    ALT ROK, BRA!

Edit: Goddamn you, evil capitalization ban!
    I blame the lame stream media !
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      So my friend is trying to register on RJ but he's not able to generate an image for verification. He tried on both Chrome and MS Edge. Can anyone help him out?
      Jason disabled new registrees (without telling me, natch), so you'd need to send him a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Many of those franchise designations are the same franchise. For example, BOS (1871-75), BLN (1876-1952), MLN (1953-1965), and ATL (1966-Present) are all the Braves franchise.
        Yeah, all that is sorted. We just need to recall who/what the OEF and ONA etc franchises contain.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Below are the 101 team_ids I have from baseball reference:

ALT
          ANA
          ARI
          ATH
          ATL
          WSA
          WSH
          WSN
          This is all done. I have all players, all years and all their franchise data complete. We just need to narrow down whihc of the very minor franchises fall into the OEF and ONA categories.

I linked you the complete sheets before with every single player year.

P.S.

OEF = Other Eastern Franchise?
          ONA = Other National Association?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Yeah, all that is sorted. We just need to recall who/what the OEF and ONA etc franchises contain.
            Those were the ones! Oh, and you do still have to finish VD 14; you're up!

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              There is also the question whether we lump some of the early franchises together like we did previously---I want to say we had two "franchises" that were actually a bunch of different ones---one pre-1880-something and one post-1880-something. They included the failed franchises from the National Association, the Players' League, etc.
              I need to read all the posts before I reply

See above ... yeah, we will need to lump them together still. I'm betting KS has this data somewhere in his library.

Comment

Would be fun to do a 70s or 80s draft. Maybe with franchises.
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I linked you the complete sheets before with every single player year.
                  Yes I remember that in a previous conversation for sure. I was just posting the list to post it, not very productive of me.

Comment

Can someone help me this excel problem? I'm stumped.

On sheet 1 ("1. all_years") I have all the data for every single hitters year, their year-by-year franchise codes, and a Franchise Table with all their eligibility (100000+ rows). But these are all on individual rows.

I need to:

(1) collate the relevant data onto sheet 2, so I have a single row for each player, with the number of years that he played for each franchise (examples provided)
                    (2) then on sheet 3, I need to record which franchise he is eligible for. 1=eligible, based on the below criteria.

I've been trying for hours to figure this out, without success. My hack excel skills have found their match.

Criteria:

to be eligible for a Franchise, a player must have either:

(a) a minimum of 5 years with the same franchise. If the player meets this criteria with more than one franchise, then he will have multiple eligibility.

(b) if a player cannot meet the minimum eligibility, then the team (or teams) he played for the most will be his designated franchise.

Example:

I manually inputted the first 3 rows on sheets 2 and 3 to provide an example.

Hank Aaron (aaronha01) played 21 years for ATL, and only 2 for Milwaukee at the end of his career. Therefore he only has ATL eligibility, which is recorded as "1" on sheet 3.

Ed Abbaticchio (abbated01) did not play 5 years for any one team, but did play 4 years for both ATL and PIT. He would therefore be eligible for both ATL and PIT.

Comment

Or is there a simpler way to do this?

Comment

Or is there a simpler way to do this?
                        Eligible for any franchise they played in in the best year you pick.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Can someone help me this excel problem? I'm stumped.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fe1c1enhg9...iveupload?dl=0
                          I'll take a look this morning and let you know what I find.

Comment

Link says file is uploading

Comment

Year spans sheet (3 years or 5 year spans)

I know this is more data than we need (it's literally everyone, including pitchers who hit), but I'd rather start with that and let you guys pare it down rather than miss something.

Comment

Does that dropbox link work for anyone else? https://www.dropbox.com/s/fe1c1enhg9...iveupload?dl=0

Comment

Working...
                                X