*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    No, as many as eligible count, but it has to be five years or the most years if no franchise for five years. Henderson only played for Seattle for half a season. Some players have three teams eligible--Nolan Ryan has four--TEX, ANA, HOU, and NYM.
    thanks. Ken also sort of pointed me in the right direction, lol
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

No, as many as eligible count, but it has to be five years or the most years if no franchise for five years. Henderson only played for Seattle for half a season. Some players have three teams eligible--Nolan Ryan has four--TEX, ANA, HOU, and NYM.
      So if we pick Nolan Ryan, can we pick any of his franchises or only the one that aligns with the BY we selected?
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        So if we pick Nolan Ryan, can we pick any of his franchises or only the one that aligns with the BY we selected?
        Any eligible franchise. We are not doing BY this time.

Comment

• I haven't kept up in this thread. What the hell are we doing??

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            I haven't kept up in this thread. What the hell are we doing??
            And revo's plan for VD 15 comes into focus.....start drafting, then figure out the rules!

Comment

And revo's plan for VD 15 comes into focus.....start drafting, then figure out the rules!
              Start drafting, get to Round 23, then read the rules!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Start drafting, get to Round 23, then read the rules!
                Just wait til you get to round 25... and then read the rules to find out you need two more players.
                Last edited by Ken; 06-04-2020, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• I guess we'll do a pre-draft draft then ... draft starts once this pre-draft finishes.

If you want to highest available position or something generic like that, then you can post that anytime.
                  Last edited by johnnya24; 06-03-2020, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• LOL so now I'm losing 13 too? What the heck?

Sorry but that's a little silly deciding after the order was established to pick spots.

Otherwise it's just screw the guy who got 13.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      LOL so now I'm losing 13 too? What the heck?

Sorry but that's a little silly deciding after the order was established to pick spots.

Otherwise it's just screw the guy who got 13.
                      I don't know if you're serious? We always used to do this, the only reason we stopped is because I forgot.

It was discussed prior to the draft being drawn.

It can only be done after the draft order is decided.

Also, no-one objected when it was proposed.

It's primarily to allow people who are time constrained to pick a draft slot where they are less in-action, so that they don't hold up the draft every round. Or to allow people with a peculiar strategy to better find a slot to execute.

Comment

• Oh flippin' heck gove'ner ... the pre-draft has been hereafter cancelled.

This is becoming a fairly complex draft starting process. I for one am having an absolutely terrific time!
                        Last edited by johnnya24; 06-03-2020, 08:42 AM. Reason: temporary insanity

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          I don't know if you're serious? We always used to do this, the only reason we stopped is because I forgot.

It was discussed prior to the draft being drawn.

It can only be done after the draft order is decided.

Also, no-one objected when it was proposed.

It's primarily to allow people who are time constrained to pick a draft slot where they are less in-action, so that they don't hold up the draft every round. Or to allow people with a peculiar strategy to better find a slot to execute.
                          The concept was brought up after I was laughing with cavebird about how I never get a top 5 pick and he asked if I wanted to trade. At that point I had the turn. Which I'd prefer a top 5 pick, but after that I'll take the turn.

It's fine, it's just funny to change it after we had already established the order, and the only people who are going to get screwed are those at the end.

Comment

OK fuck it ... the pre-draft scrapped.

This is becoming a massive pain in my ass.
                            hahaha, do it if you want it's fine, it's not that big of a deal!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              hahaha, do it if you want it's fine.
                              Nah ... sorry for swearing ... my bad. It's not you ... it's just the whole things been a pain in my ass this time.

Let's just go. I'm tired of polls and stuff.

Comment

Nah ... sorry for swearing ... my bad.

Let's just go. I'm tired of polls and stuff.
                                ok! You put in the most time/effort on this, I was just whining but I'll always support whatever you prefer on these in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                                X