No announcement yet.

*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m checking on my phone so not the most reliable either. What excel file?
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      I’m checking on my phone so not the most reliable either. What excel file?
      In the VD history thread. Also on my phone ....will link when i am back on computer
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        I'd happily do a pre-draft draft like we used to ... if everyone else is up for it
        What is a pre-draft draft?

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          it's what we do right after the pre-pre-draft draft. Really a lot of fun.
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            Allows people to draft their slots based on the actual draft order. We did this for most drafts on the new site, then just forgot. Most people just picked the highest available, but typically there would be 3/4 changes per draft.

So something like this:

Hacko picks draft slot 1
            DMT picks draft slot 2
            Feral picks draft slot 13 (3 becomes available for the next guy ... 13 no longer available)
            Heyelander wants the highest available draft slot, which is slot 3
            etc etc

This has several purposes:

- allows people who may be time constrained to pick a latter time slot so they don't hold up the draft as often
            - maybe someone has a strat that could better use an end turn slot?
            - maybe someone doesn't like drafting in the middle etc
            - better chance of getting a higher draft slot if others choose to drop
            - etc

Comment

• Oh, cool. I suggested KDS earlier in this thread, which is a similar method.

Comment

• So when is the draft starting - Monday or Wednesday? Asking for a friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                  So when is the draft starting - Monday or Wednesday? Asking for a friend.
                  Wednesday 3rd

Comment

• I assume WC are for letters only, no duplication of franchises ?

Also, i don't see anything about DB and Modern in the draft thread - so no limitations there ?
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      I assume WC are for letters only, no duplication of franchises ?

Also, i don't see anything about DB and Modern in the draft thread - so no limitations there ?
                      I'll update the rules thread when I get some time:

WC for letters only ... 3xWC, 4xQUIZY

A 27 round draft would normally be 5xQUIZY, but I have no idea if this format can sustain 5xQUIZY, 4 should be OK.

Limiations are: 4xMH, 4xDH, 4xDP

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        I'll update the rules thread when I get some time:

WC for letters only ... 3xWC, 4xQUIZY

A 27 round draft would normally be 5xQUIZY, but I have no idea if this format can sustain 5xQUIZY, 4 should be OK.

Limiations are: 4xMH, 4xDH, 4xDP
                        thanks
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• And it looks like only the top two franchises apply to each player ? For example, Rickey Henderson not eligible for SEA Mariners ?
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

And it looks like only the top two franchises apply to each player ? For example, Rickey Henderson not eligible for SEA Mariners ?
                            wait what? Henderson didn't play for SEA for 5 years?

Comment

• I forgot, baseball and VD have a lot of unwritten rules
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

And it looks like only the top two franchises apply to each player ? For example, Rickey Henderson not eligible for SEA Mariners ?
                                No, as many as eligible count, but it has to be five years or the most years if no franchise for five years. Henderson only played for Seattle for half a season. Some players have three teams eligible--Nolan Ryan has four--TEX, ANA, HOU, and NYM.

Comment

Working...
                                X