Is it ok to Punch a Nazi in the Face.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it ok to Punch a Nazi in the Face.

So, in recent threads and pretty much throughout my tenure on RJ I have been admonished for advocating violence. Violence which I deem justifiable.

The question I pose is--Is ANY violent response (note RESPONSE) justifiable.

We kill people for crimes against Humanity.

We kill people in the protection of our country and way of life.

People are routinely killed in the name of someone's God.

So WHY is a Father's response to sexual assault on his daughter, a Brother's response, or a Husbands response, if violent, abhorrent to you?

If your child were molested by someone. Would you stand idly by if the authorities did nothing? Or if the courts allowed the perp yo walk on a technicality?

Not often, but just sometimes--Violent response is the answer.

Not ONE significant change came about in this country without violence. Racial equality. Women's rights. LGBTQ rights. have ALL been fraught with violence on both sides.

I'll say it one more time --sexually assault my daughters. sisters or my wife and I will fuck you up. Anyone who can say differently, well I don't know how you can square yourself with those you're supposed to love and protect.

And hell yeah I'd punch a Nazi in the face and giggle my ass of the entire time.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    So, in recent threads and pretty much throughout my tenure on RJ I have been admonished for advocating violence. Violence which I deem justifiable.

So WHY is a Father's response to sexual assault on his daughter, a Brother's response, or a Husbands response, if violent, abhorrent to you?

If your child were molested by someone. Would you stand idly by if the authorities did nothing? Or if the courts allowed the perp yo walk on a technicality?

Not ONE significant change came about in this country without violence. Racial equality. Women's rights. LGBTQ rights. have ALL been fraught with violence on both sides.

I'll say it one more time --sexually assault my daughters. sisters or my wife and I will fuck you up. Anyone who can say differently, well I don't know how you can square yourself with those you're supposed to love and protect.

And hell yeah I'd punch a Nazi in the face and giggle my ass of the entire time.
    I think the only time violence is justifiable is if it's the most effective or the only way to prevent further violence. Is the nazi you're punching more likely to commit acts of violence or less likely after having been attacked. I could see it as providing justification for hateful acts.

Child predators are different due to the likelihood of reoffending. I believe the average child abuser hurts 300 kids. I don't believe a beating is necessarily going to prevent further child abuse.

Trigger warning, I'm going to use my own example of child abuse in italics. Please skip if you need to:

In my case, I was abused by a teenage boy when I was between 4-8 years old. I didn't really comprehend what happened as sexual abuse at the time because I had no concept. I saw him again a few years later when I was 10 or so. He was in a mall with young kids, one in a stroller, and he talked to me. After this incident, I had a bit of a mental breakdown, as I pieced it all together. I thought I saw him again when I was about 12, and I spent about a year obsessing about him. I wanted to find a way to find him and kill him. I felt incredible shame and guilt for allowing the kids he was with to go off with him. I would later learn that this is known as survivors guilt. Understanding your own powerlessness is the end of childhood, as I realized there was nothing I could do. If I could have killed this person and prevented him from harming other kids, without consequence, I think I would have. Today, it's hard to say. He must be about 45 now, so still many years of child molestation ahead, most likely. Does the equation change with age? I wonder if it had been my daughter, 12 years old. I can handle my own demons, but ruining my daughter the way I've been ruined... yeah, I don't think I could stop myself from revenge. But like I say, the primary justification would be a prevention of further violence.

Political violence is usually a poor strategy to achieve change, but can become necessary as a last resort.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

One problem with exacting revenge for a sexual assault on your child is the fact that you will most likely go to jail for the violent response. How does that help your child? Your child will need you more than ever and you won't be there for your child. You will be in a jail cell. That's pretty damn stupid from where I sit.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

It seems that some of the examples given above would be preventative and others would be revenge. I do not think the law allows for revenge killing by citizens under the excuse of they won't be able to do that again.

Maybe the question is when is it ok or permissible to use violent force both from a legal and moral perspective?

Comment

I‘ll put $50 on the Nazi.
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
            I‘ll put $50 on the Nazi.
            Me too
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
            X