Lockdown Dynasty - Beached Whales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockdown Dynasty - Beached Whales

Here is my Lockdown Dynasty team (Beached Whales). I was #12 of 20. I have never participated in a dynasty league before, I was just petrified with the KEEP FOREVER element and, of course, wanted the youngsters while also realizing it would be the more experienced players (read: old) to have any hope of competing. I wasn't as afraid of older players than some owners seemed to be, because after all, you have to have some players to drop each year. The only other fantasy baseball league I'm in is the long running RJ Pony league, which I have been with from the beginning. I have never won anything, and really have no business in this Lockdown Dynasty league playing against the big boys, but when Keith asked, I jumped at the chance. My son is the owner of another team in the league as well (Shake and Bake).

I have an unhealthy man-crush on Wander and felt certain at #12 he'd never make to me, but to my astonishment, he did! My crush on Ohtani is almost as great as Franco, and to my great surprise, he made it back to me on the turnaround. Having these two players on my team makes the whole game more enjoyable, so now I could relax and have fun! They were running a Special on Padres, buy two get one free, so I stocked up on toilet paper and Padres.

For what it's worth, here is the team I drafted:

C Yasmani Grandal
    1B Joc Pederson
    2B Dee Gordon
    3B Evan Longoria
    SS Freddy Galvis
    MI Josh VanMeter
    CI Howie Kendrick
    OF Ryan Braun
    OF Mike Yastrzemski
    OF Franmil Reyes
    OF David Paralta
    OF Shogo Akiyama
    UT Jarrod Dyson
    UT Shohei Ohtani

P Jose Urquidy
    P Jesus Luzardo
    P Josh James
    P Zach Plesac
    P Kwang-Hyun Kim
    P Michael Kopech
    P Will Smith
    P Aroldis Chapman
    P Kirby Yates

Res Pedro Avila
    Res Anthony Kay
    Res Cal Quantrill
    Res Sean Reid-Foley
    Res Emilio Pagan
    Res Mark Melancon
    Res Michael King

Minors

1 Oneil Cruz, SS, PIT
    2 Vidal Brujan, 2B, TBR
    3 Wander Franco, SS, TBR
    4 Logan Driscoll, C, TBR
    5 Roany Contreras, P, NYY
    6 Clarke Schmidt, P, NNY
    7 Everson Pereira, OF, NYY
    8 Anthony Volpe, SS, NYY
    9 Logan Driscoll, C, TBR
    10 Adam Kloffenstein, P, TOR
    11 Rilelvin de Castro, SS, TOR
    12 Victor Victor Mesa, OF, MIA
    13 Blake Hunt, C, SDP
    14 Jake Cronenworth, SS, SDP
    15 Hudson Potts, 2B, SDP
    16 Mason Thompson, P, SDP
    17 Jorge Ona, OF, SDP
    18 Eguy Rosario, 2B, SDP
    19 Joshua Mears, OF, SDP
    20 Chris Lincoln, P, SDP
    21 Brayan Medina, P, SDP
    22 Omar Cruz, P, SDP
    23 Luis Gutierrez, P, SDP
    24 Eurbiel Angeles, SB, SDP
    25 Zayed Salinas, P/OF, SDP

Why so many relief pitchers? Well, midway through the draft I felt they were the "best available" and thought they'd be good for trading later. We're using both saves and holds, and I'm well stocked (and willing to trade). And why no bats on my bench? Having a few muli-positional players on my active roster, I figured it would be easy to FAAB my needs as they arise. You gotta remember 2/3rds through the draft of this size there aren't a lot of attractive candidates available. My strategy may come back to bite me, but we'll see. Since it appears we're really playing for baseball next year, Ohtani and Kopech should be fully healed. I know I am hurting for bats, but I am an active trader and will be reaching out to other owners very soon. I welcome any thoughts and/or suggestions on playing this team. I may not compete the first year or any year, but I'll try my best. The draft was a blast and was well handled and run by Keith, and should be a lot of fun here out.

Before reading this I did not realize you had taken 13 Padres minor leaguers. I knew a lot went but had no idea so many to one team. That's hilarious, nice work just getting them all.

Comment

Love Wander, Luzardo and Brujon and think they can be a good foundation for years. A little surprised you went closer heavy in a saves + holds league but you certainly have stud closers. I obviously disregarded closers entirely and am just crossing my fingers for holds. I knew you'd go young and you certainly did. This is a crazy league and who knows what will happen. I am one of the few it seems who still thinks we are playing this year and certainly drafted as such. Good luck, it'll be fun for sure!!!

Comment

Working...
      X