Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
    I was at the meeting of Christian Trump supporters as an undercover operative. Shockingly, they support him purely to annoy you, Steve. It seems like a lot of effort to go after one man, but it is what it is.
    So my paranoia is justified?
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
      So my paranoia is justified?
      Yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Comment

Yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
        Oh, you have no idea. Be afraid is my family motto.

Comment

They didn't?

Link me to provide support for your unsubstantiated claims please.
          Fine, here is a link clearly proving it couldn't have been invented by China, because it came from outer space: https://www.techtimes.com/articles/2...tist-claim.htm

And clearly Michael Critghton is part of a cabal who controls comets and will now reap the benefit of this disease. He foreshadowed his plot in his 1969 novel turned movie turned miniseries The Andromeda Strain. Truth is not stranger than fiction. It is fiction.

Comment

Oh, you have no idea. Be afraid is my family motto.
            True story* that was originally the motto for the Boy Scouts, but they thought Be Prepared was better for marketing purposes.

*True story meaning not a true story in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Fine, here is a link clearly proving it couldn't have been invented by China, because it came from outer space: https://www.techtimes.com/articles/2...tist-claim.htm
              I knew it was the aliens all along. Even when I knew it was the Chinese, I knew it was the aliens more.

Comment

I knew it was the aliens all along. Even when I knew it was the Chinese, I knew it was the aliens more.
                You sure seem to have a lot of time on your hands today. I'm assuming the boys are asleep.

Comment

You sure seem to have a lot of time on your hands today. I'm assuming the boys are asleep.
                  If by asleep, you mean staring at Ipads while I periodically check in to make sure they're still alive, then yes, asleep they are!

Comment

You’re right. Steve is every man. He is all of us. Even you, Steve.
                    Wrong again, he's precisely 2.0 men.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Wrong again, he's precisely 2.0 men.
                      I disagree, “Ken.” If that is even your real name. Which it’s not. It’s Steve.

Comment

....how do Christian Trump supporters reconcile these two ideas? I don't get it.
                        As a Christian, I don't get it either. Masher is correct about abortion and the Supreme Court. IMO, that is short-sighted. I have heard from many of the Christian friends, "I'm electing a president, not a pope." Which I think is a horrible answer.

You've probably seen me be pretty critical of the fuhrer in the past couple of months on Facebook. My pastor messaged me simply stating, "Not a fan of Trump" I replied that I didn't vote for Trump, but I stated when he was elected "I choose hope." I shared that I just can't not speak out anymore, as he has completely failed with the coronavirus response. I told him that I don't understand the blind loyalty so many Christians have for him, and he agreed.

I want to shout "Fellow Christians, show me what fruit Trump bears! I don't see any good fruit, and that should tell us all we need to know."

I got an Amen and Amen response from my pastor.

Steve, I wish I could answer that question for you, but what I will say is I think a lot of his Christian base is older and uneducated.

I'm paraphrasing here, but in Luke, Jesus is asked, "What's the greatest commandment." Jesus replies, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind." He pauses and then says, "And the second greatest commandment is to love your neighbor as yourself."

I tell people that you cannot fulfill the first commandment with fulfilling the second. The modern-American version of Christianity neglects the neighbor, but they don't realize it.

American Christianity is too wrapped up in the flag. I often tell people we view things through various lenses. As a Christian, I'm called to look at everything through the Christian lens first, and then any other (American, father, husband, etc.) That first lens should inform every other lens. Immigration is a huge issue for Christians and close the borders, they're breaking the law. Well, perhaps, we let them in and give them a chance to flee poverty and violence. Show them love. Unfortunately, the American Christian (especially the conservatives) don't look through the right lens to start with in their response.
                        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                          I'm paraphrasing here, but in Luke, Jesus is asked, "What's the greatest commandment." Jesus replies, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind." He pauses and then says, "And the second greatest commandment is to love your neighbor as yourself."

I tell people that you cannot fulfill the first commandment with fulfilling the second. The modern-American version of Christianity neglects the neighbor, but they don't realize it.

American Christianity is too wrapped up in the flag. I often tell people we view things through various lenses. As a Christian, I'm called to look at everything through the Christian lens first, and then any other (American, father, husband, etc.) That first lens should inform every other lens. Immigration is a huge issue for Christians and close the borders, they're breaking the law. Well, perhaps, we let them in and give them a chance to flee poverty and violence. Show them love. Unfortunately, the American Christian (especially the conservatives) don't look through the right lens to start with in their response.
                          God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                            As a Christian, I don't get it either. Masher is correct about abortion and the Supreme Court. IMO, that is short-sighted. I have heard from many of the Christian friends, "I'm electing a president, not a pope." Which I think is a horrible answer.

You've probably seen me be pretty critical of the fuhrer in the past couple of months on Facebook. My pastor messaged me simply stating, "Not a fan of Trump" I replied that I didn't vote for Trump, but I stated when he was elected "I choose hope." I shared that I just can't not speak out anymore, as he has completely failed with the coronavirus response. I told him that I don't understand the blind loyalty so many Christians have for him, and he agreed.

I want to shout "Fellow Christians, show me what fruit Trump bears! I don't see any good fruit, and that should tell us all we need to know."

I got an Amen and Amen response from my pastor.

Steve, I wish I could answer that question for you, but what I will say is I think a lot of his Christian base is older and uneducated.

Thank you for the response!

Comment

ITC....just one more random fellow more worthy of being president than our current president.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                ITC....just one more random fellow more worthy of being president than our current president.
                                I wonder how hard it would be to find people who are less worthy than our current president. I guess we could start with death row, then the child abuser list, but after that it starts to get difficult.

Comment

Working...
                                X