Another Lock Down Dynasty HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Lock Down Dynasty HDID

Figured I may as well jump in the pool and see what people might think of this team. Hell of a draft with a really good group of owners, the pace was quick, but not frantic, and we drafted well over 1000 players, both major leaguers and minors. It's a dynasty league, 5x5 with OBP replacing average and Saves+Holds replacing saves alone. This being dynaSTY, PEOPLE HAd different strategies as to how to draft their team. I tried to skew young, but still competitive from year one. Here's what I got, take poke at it and see what you think. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Hitting

C Mitch Garver C | MIN
    1B Miguel Cabrera 1B | DET
    2B Gavin Lux 2B | LAD
    3B Matt Chapman 3B | OAK
    SS Fernando Tatis SS | SD
    MI Brandon Lowe 2B | TB
    CI Miguel Sano 3B | MIN
    OF Jon Berti 3B,OF,SS | MIA
    OF David Dahl OF | COL
    OF Corey Dickerson OF | MIA
    OF Kevin Pillar OF | BOS
    OF Yoshitomo Tsutsugo OF | TB
    U Miguel Andujar U | NYY
    U Eric Sogard 2B | MIL

Reserves
    C Yadier Molina C | STL
    2B Brian Dozier 2B | SD
    2B Nicky Lopez 2B,SS | KC
    OF Dexter Fowler OF | STL

Minors

C RONNIER QUINTERO C | CHC
    1B Edwin Rios 1B | LAD
    2B JESUS PARRA 2B | MIL
    3B ALEXANDER MOJICA 3B | PIT
    SS MAXIMO ACOSTA SS | TEX
    SS EDUARDO GARCIA SS | MIL
    SS KEVIN MADE SS | CHC
    SS JOSE PASTRANO SS | CLE
    MI Kyren Paris SS | LAA
    MI Jose Salas SS | MIA
    MI Bobby Witt SS | KC
    OF BRAYAN BUELVAS OF | OAK
    OF EMMANUEL RODRIGUEZ OF | MIN
    U Gabriel Arias SS | SD
    U Kameron Misner OF | MIA
    U Arol Vera SS | LAA

Pitching

P Emmanuel Clase P | CLE
    P Kyle Gibson P | TEX
    P Ken Giles P | TOR
    P Andrew Heaney P | LAA
    P Darwinzon Hernandez P | BOS
    P Chris Paddack P | SD
    P Freddy Peralta P | MIL
    P Jose Quintana P | CHC
    P Hector Rondon P | ARI

Reserves

P Carl Edwards P | SEA
    P Jordan Hicks P | STL
    P Carlos Rodon P | CHW

Minors

P STIWARD AQUINO P | LAA
    P Austin Cox P | KC
    P Hunter Greene P | CIN
    P Jason Groome P | BOS
    P Andre Jackson P | LAD
    P Dustin May P | LAD
    P Luis Oviedo P | CLE
    P Luis Patino P | SD
    P Chris Rodriguez P | LAA

In the minors, I went young with high ceilings, and post surgery guys with pedigrees for the most part. We'll see how it plays out.

Starting pitching is pretty bleh, but hopefully I can get a couple of the guys in the high minors to contribute.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

I'll be very interested in Tatis over the next few years as I really debated him and Vlad at 6. I was surprised you went with Paddack in the 2nd but I thought you got great value with Chapman and a lesser extent with Lux. If Sano can stay healthy and do what we think he can do then he could be a steal. I also liked Andujar in the 14th, he was on my short list at the time. You also sniped me on a couple minors like Clase and Groome. May, Patino and Witt are nice high end prospects. Overall I agree that the offense should be fine but the pitching will need to hit on some of the rebound candidates or prospects. If Heaney stays healthy and May or Patino progress then it can all come together.
    Last edited by wombat104; 04-27-2020, 07:17 AM.

Comment

I am a fan of how you approached this draft. In many respects am suffering from PDE(post draft envy) looking at yours and several others who played the middle very well. Your 1st 10 are a Very Nice Balance and your young pitching as a whole I really like. As everyone is saying, it's so tough to gauge at this point but I will say you have many young guys I wish I would have taken early rather than going for "The Now". May and Witt picks I am especially fond of. If just some of the pitching hits, and the odds are good, you should have a nice staff for years.

Comment

duude, hows it goin? So this is from perspective of someone who was side by side in pick slots with you, I had 7th, you had 8th. 1st rd, Tatis, up and coming young stud, this leaves you open to go for any approach as Tatis can be a part of a long term plan for sure, or he could be part of your go for it this year approach if you wanted. I am all in on Mookie, as I was outside the trout, yelich, acuna, soto guys. Betts is yr after yr top 1 to 8 in mvp voting, just freak level production. Plus Mookie ballgame suckers, he is my dude. But Tatis is 3 yrs younger, and we want longer window, I like Tatis.

I had thoughts initially of choosing 15th slot to snag W Franco in 1st. Glad I didnt do that as he went earlier and I would have been at a loss. 3rd pick it took me longer to pick as I was debating Lux, and I settled on J Addell. You had Lux qued up for insta pick. 5th, I wanted to lock up an ace, went Corbin, age 30, using my site pitcherlist he is a top 10 guy, and discounting the older guys he is well within top 8. You went young gun again with Sano, +++ power youngin. I would have loved to slot Sano who will be beast mode for years. I have hrs coming out of my ears, power is not in short supply. But still would have loved Sano.

Your major league pitching is not a plus. But you did snag Paddack, plus your farm has 2 guys I love in Patino and Dustin May so boom. Staff that. Yep, I like your early approach. I am filled with post draft envy as well, as someone has stated, on maybe I should have gone even younger than I did, without going full on prospect silly. I think you aced that part, going young but not abandoning ship.

Comment

I agree with loving the Tatis/Paddack combo - I wish we had a chance to do that too.

Comment

Agree with the nice 1-2. And if I remember right, you got Sano at pretty good value, too. Dustin May should be a great contributor for a long time.

If Edwin Rios gets traded, you're in sweet position. But with MCab at 1B you need that to happen really soon. You also need the china Dahl to stay healthy. There's enough talent in Colorado now and in the pipeline that he'll get bypassed if he can't stay on the field. And you might just have one or two too many SS prospects in your minors pool.

In all seriousness, I'd be shopping around with some folks to see if you can deal a couple of those SS for other IFs. I think you have a couple that may end up converted to OFs in the future, so that's not bad.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Agree with the nice 1-2. And if I remember right, you got Sano at pretty good value, too. Dustin May should be a great contributor for a long time.

If Edwin Rios gets traded, you're in sweet position. But with MCab at 1B you need that to happen really soon. You also need the china Dahl to stay healthy. There's enough talent in Colorado now and in the pipeline that he'll get bypassed if he can't stay on the field. And you might just have one or two too many SS prospects in your minors pool.

In all seriousness, I'd be shopping around with some folks to see if you can deal a couple of those SS for other IFs. I think you have a couple that may end up converted to OFs in the future, so that's not bad.
              Sano I'm happy with since he'll be the Twins 1st baseman this season. All I have to do is wait 15 games and I'm good...he won't move back over to 3rd unless there's some catastrophe. As for as the several hundred SS prospects I have, I do expect half to not make it period, and some of the others to play other positions by the time they get to the majors. Lots of time for things to happen there.

Your lips to Gods ear on Rios...I took him with the Dodgers uncanny ability to find really good players at a somewhat older age...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Your lips to Gods ear on Rios...I took him with the Dodgers uncanny ability to find really good players at a somewhat older age...
                I like the Rios pick too - I was going for the same profile a few rounds later with Jared Walsh.

Comment

You sniped quite a few of the guys I had #1 in my queue Paddack being the first, Sano etc. I agree with most of the guys above3 in that you should do well out of the gate, but have a solid top end of a minor league system to go with it. Good luck and NO I'm not trading with you...…...ok, well maybe.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I like the core offensive pieces. Sano, Andujar, Chapman, Lux all very young and nice bats. Andujar will need a trade to the NL after they adopt the DH, but still young enough to become a force at the plate. Defensive suckitude hurts his profile though, so he's stuck without a full-time job until a few dominoes fall. The OF is a point of weakness. Mostly filler players. I like C. Dickerson for his context, should hit 3/4 spot for the Marlins. Tsutsugo could be a nice OBP guy for a couple of years. But you'll need some higher end OF to get your offense into contention.

Garver is a good elite catcher to invest in.

I have read a ton of pieces on F. Tatis carrying bust potential. His .411 BABIP from '19 is insanely high, and he only performed well on fastballs, while the league continued to serve him way too many of them. I believe these are the main contentions with Tatis. I don't think he's a pure "bust", but I think he will have a hard time living up to his sky-high expectations.

The pitching is okay. Your top 2 SP's, Paddack and Heaney, are decent grabs. Paddack needs his 3rd pitch to go longer in games, but that's a pretty minor issue for such a young SP with 1 stellar season under his belt. You really need some of your pitching prospects to materialize, but you have a few big names with a decent likelihood to reach SP1/SP2 status. You also took shots on the guys with the worst command and most K potential. F. Peralta and D. Hernandez are both guys who fit this profile, very young, and still a small chance for each to make it as an SP. Nice upside picks.

Prospects, you did quite well. Several guys I really wanted. I like the boom/bust picks you made, as I figured you'd be in on the youngest guys. E. Rodriguez, Mojica, and Acosta are all several years away, but balanced out with more near-term graduations like E. Rios.

Good job.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                    X