Lock Down Dynasty - HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock Down Dynasty - HDID

Another HDID for the Lock Down Dynasty League (20 team dynasty startup, 5x5, OBP & Saves+Holds), this is my first dynasty league. I'm very disappointed in my team, I didn't commit to an all-in now approach or a draft for later approach which kind of left me in a no man's land with a team that is very uninspiring. I held the 6 slot and took Vlad over Tatis and Betts, I hope that doesn't come back to bite me for the next 10 years.

Majors
    C Danny Jansen - 22
    1B Matt Olson - 3
    2B Keston Hiura - 2
    3B Vlad Guerrero - 1
    SS Dansby Swanson - 9
    MI Scott Kingery - 8
    CI Greg Bird - 41
    OF Michael Conforto - 4
    OF Tyler O'Neill - 14
    OF Gregory Polanco - 19
    OF Victor Reyes - 24
    OF Josh Rojas - 25
    UT Stephen Piscotty - 31
    UT Chad Pinder - 39

P Max Fried - 7
    P Brandon Woodruff - 6
    P Luke Weaver - 12
    P Archie Bradley - 21
    P Anthony DeSclafani - 20
    P Pablo Lopez - 28
    P Ty Buttery - 32
    P Jose Alvarado - 34
    P Tyler Mahle - 36

RSV Michael Fulmer - 26
    RSV Seranthony Dominguez - 40
    RSV Wander Suero - 46
    RSV Chance Sisco - 48
    RSV Jairo Diaz - 49
    RSV Trevor Richards - 51
    RSV Joely Rodriguez - 54

Minors
    Dylan Carlson - 5
    Alek Thomas - 11
    Riley Greene - 10
    Nolan Gorman - 13
    Josh Jung - 15
    Kody Hoese - 16
    Kyle Wright - 17
    Alexfri Planez - 18
    Isaac Paredes - 23
    Randy Arozarena - 27
    Brice Turang - 29
    Daniel Espino - 30
    Jhon Diaz - 35
    Kris Bubic - 33
    Alex De Jesus - 37
    Cole Winn - 38
    Jordan Brewer - 42
    Matt Wallner - 43
    Alex Faedo - 44
    Omar Estevez - 45
    Kendall Simmons - 47
    Sammy Siani - 50
    Chase Strumpf - 52
    Bryant Packard - 53
    Gabriel Moreno - 55

I think my pitching will be decent, but my hitting will be awful. Projections have me at 3rd to last.
    Last edited by wombat104; 04-24-2020, 04:09 PM.

Dynasty is less about the bad parts of your team and more about getting excited about the positives. Vlad wasn't going to come back to you, so if you like him, that's good enough reason. I like Hiura quite a bit in a dynasty. Top end of your minors looks great too. Wish we drafted Jung, it was in the plans but didn't happen.

Comment

This is probably the best team mix I've seen posted, including my own. You say your pitching will be decent and hitting awful, but I really like the core young hitters (Vlad, Olson, Hiura, Conforto are some mashers), I like the young mid-to-late round picks (Kingery, Swanson, Rojas). Even the filler hitters are good selections for context: G. Polanco will be a 3 or 4 spot hitter on rebuilding Pirates, great for counting stats, Piscotty could rebound. With some trades and prospect graduations, the offense could be great. The pitching I like less than the hitting. Fried and Woodruff are nice pieces to build off, but I'm not sure many of the other arms amount to much. Pablo Lopez, Weaver, DeSclafini, Mahle, I dunno how many become reliably above average SP's within a few years. I prefer the hitting longshots to the SP longshots, but that's just my preference for these groups of players.

Where you really shine is with the prospects. Extremely good selection of players, a few stolen right before me. Most of these guys were somewhere on my list, including some strong end game picks. Given that some of your best prospects are ready to graduate, your team could look very different a year in depending on how the rookies fare. Carlson, Parades, and Arozarena could all become regulars right away (first two have less organizational hurdles). Also, the younger guys are so well selected, I'm confident you'll have quite a lot of prospect capital to build a good major league squad, through prospecting or trading of prospects. Great job.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Yeah - way to hard on yourself as I like this team. You can't play in the middle forever but starting out balanced gives you a lot of options. I'll echo on Vlad has he was absolutely a top-6 pick for me so fully support that decision.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, perhaps I am being too hard. Good perspective on the pitching that I appreciate. I usually struggle with pitching so my approach was to grab as many younger arms as I could and hope 1 or 2 take a step up.

Comment

I'll echo the other guys here, really good mix and (IMO) the right start for a new dynasty. Getting Valddy and Hiura at 1 and 2 was really smart, and getting a young (relatively) slugger at a slim position in Olson was a pretty savvy move as well. Nice mix on the other offensive starters, nobody really jumps off the page, but then again, nobody really has to with your start. You did what you needed to do, which is fill out the roster in a positive way.

Pitching I like: In Woodruff I think you have an ace, with a good club to back him up. Freid is one who MIGHT be an ace in training, we'll see. Weaver, DeScalfani, and maybe Lopez are certainly serviceable. Like the RP's in this league, and some possibilities with Fulmer and the RP group in reserve.

NICE minors, with your top 7 as you list them here being very high end...and the rest all have a chance. really good job overall, IMO.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
            X