Gronk to the Bucs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gronk to the Bucs

Per Jay Glazer, a trade expecting to happen in the next day or so. Evans, Godwin and Gronk is a pretty intimidating receiver group!

Gronk and a 7th to the Bucs for a 4th rounder to the Pats. And do the Bucs still have OJ Howard? And Cameron Brate?

I'm really looking forward to the Saints - Bucs games. Scoreboards may explode. Just those two games has me jonesing for the NFL season; hope they have it.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Gronk and a 7th to the Bucs for a 4th rounder to the Pats. And do the Bucs still have OJ Howard? And Cameron Brate?

I'm really looking forward to the Saints - Bucs games. Scoreboards may explode. Just those two games has me jonesing for the NFL season; hope they have it.
      You think so? The Patriots were just average on offense last year, I know Brady didn't have weapons, but I think we're overrating 43 year old Brady at this point. Age is going to catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        You think so? The Patriots were just average on offense last year, I know Brady didn't have weapons, but I think we're overrating 43 year old Brady at this point. Age is going to catch up.
        Drew Brees is 41, and I don't think he started at a point anywhere near as high as Brady in terms of ability. I'll certainly concede Brady doesn't have the arm strength he had, even at age 38, but with the exception of RB, he's surrounded by lethal offensive weapons. For the Patriots to be just average is still a testament to Brady's ability - their receiver corps was certainly in the bottom 25% of the league. I'd even accept arguments they were worse.

The Bucs do need to make a couple upgrades on their OL given Brady's mobility limitations. I think they'll do that. And I can't think of the time when Brady has been given two receivers who could be legitimate #1s for many teams in Evans and Godwin. If Jameis Winston can pass for something around 5000 yards without a Gronk, I suspect Brady will do at least as well - and likely cut the interceptions by more than 50%.

Comment

Probably right. I would have mild interest to keep an eye on Brady this year. Adding Gronk makes it go from mild interest to just plain old interest.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Drew Brees is 41, and I don't think he started at a point anywhere near as high as Brady in terms of ability. I'll certainly concede Brady doesn't have the arm strength he had, even at age 38, but with the exception of RB, he's surrounded by lethal offensive weapons. For the Patriots to be just average is still a testament to Brady's ability - their receiver corps was certainly in the bottom 25% of the league. I'd even accept arguments they were worse.

The Bucs do need to make a couple upgrades on their OL given Brady's mobility limitations. I think they'll do that. And I can't think of the time when Brady has been given two receivers who could be legitimate #1s for many teams in Evans and Godwin. If Jameis Winston can pass for something around 5000 yards without a Gronk, I suspect Brady will do at least as well - and likely cut the interceptions by more than 50%.
            Still seems to me like overselling a 43 year old QB and underselling the Patriots and Belichick, but I guess we'll find out.

Comment

Still seems to me like overselling a 43 year old QB and underselling the Patriots and Belichick, but I guess we'll find out.
              I hope we'll find out. Before Brady turns 44.

Comment

my years ago Cameron Brate to the patriots prediction didn't come true. i don't know why.

Comment

honestly i question if anyone understands brady's game. he just takes what you give him, if he has to throw underneath 10 times in a row because that's what the defense is doing he'll do it. there's not many quarterbacks that patient that will do that. everyone just wants to throw the ball downfield and be a hero. i bet if you compared statistics of Brady throwing 20 yards or more you'd find something odd.

i am glad he is in TB. but it's still TB. good luck. he's great, but a lot of the success is also to the fact the other teams in our division sucked.

Comment

Working...
                  X