No announcement yet.

Need thoughts on a new home computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought an HP tower in 2012 for something like $120 and it still works just fine. Takes a little while to boot up and I use it much less than my tablet or work laptop, but I do still like having the speed and capabilities that a desktop has to offer (especially on the rare occasion I want to play some shooting games).

So, like someone else said, if you want to go cheap you'll get the same performance from a $200 tower that you would from a $700 laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      Hey, it's personal preference & depends on how you use it. For me, I like the tablet size (it's basically a touch wider than an 8.5 x 11 sheet).

If the fan does kick in I can't tell (I suspect it doesn't when I'm just browsing). Apparently it has a couple of heat sinks which minimize the need for the fans to activate.
      The windows tablets i've tried do turn on the fans while browsing in Chrome unless its cpu is very low power and I'm betting no expensive Surface Book is running a fanless cpu. Maybe yours isnt loud but a google search does find a number of fan noise complaints.

I'm not insulting your system as I'm a pc geek and what you have is the holy grail to me, its just I've tried it so many times and every time I'm disappointed and go back to my ipad.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
      X