Anyone Playing OOTP ‘21?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Playing OOTP ‘21?

Just bought this game. Anyone playing, or in a league/tourney?

I was toying with trying it out. Curious what you think.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      I was toying with trying it out. Curious what you think.
      It seems good so far. Obviously very heavy on the statistics and light on the actual playing of a baseball game (unlike The Show, for instance). So it's definitely more about simulation than gameplay. Right now I'm playing as the LA Dodgers during the 1971 season and their version of an Ultimate Team, which seems fun. My 12-year old son is playing the '20 season and he's loving it.

Comment

So playing more often and really getting into it. Their "Perfect Team" is great (their version of Madden's Ultimate Team).

Comment

So, check this out:
          In their "Perfect Team" you build a team through buying packs and through their auction house, and then play seasons, with A small percentage of teams getting promoted to a better league upon completion.

A standard pack costs 1,000 points. You accrue points through various in-game achievements, most of which are worth 20-100 points.

I complete the Entry League season — which I didn’t realize had started — and finished a few games over .500, nothing special, but did get moved up.

The day following the completion, I notice my account has 170,000 points, which I naively thought was because I moved up. So I buy a bunch of Hall of Famers through the auction, but then realize as my team coasts to an early 85-15 record in the Rookie Level League, that no other team is as good as mine. What’s going on here?

I check through the history of my team’s point accumulation, and see a glitch that gave me 3,500 points for an accomplishment— but an extra 50 times!!

My son then tells me that 170,000 points is the equivalent of spending an extra ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS on additional points! LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            So, check this out:
            In their "Perfect Team" you build a team through buying packs and through their auction house, and then play seasons, with A small percentage of teams getting promoted to a better league upon completion.

A standard pack costs 1,000 points. You accrue points through various in-game achievements, most of which are worth 20-100 points.

I complete the Entry League season — which I didn’t realize had started — and finished a few games over .500, nothing special, but did get moved up.

The day following the completion, I notice my account has 170,000 points, which I naively thought was because I moved up. So I buy a bunch of Hall of Famers through the auction, but then realize as my team coasts to an early 85-15 record in the Rookie Level League, that no other team is as good as mine. What’s going on here?

I check through the history of my team’s point accumulation, and see a glitch that gave me 3,500 points for an accomplishment— but an extra 50 times!!

My son then tells me that 170,000 points is the equivalent of spending an extra ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS on additional points! LOL.
            love those glitches!!!
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

love those glitches!!!
              Yeah, but I do wish it didn't happen. I'm one of those types who enjoy playing games and beating it on my own, not through "extra $$$ help." I kind of enjoyed my initial season of having my stars be Mitch Webster 1987 and Tom Candiotti 1989. Oh well!

Comment

Yeah, but I do wish it didn't happen. I'm one of those types who enjoy playing games and beating it on my own, not through "extra $$$ help." I kind of enjoyed my initial season of having my stars be Mitch Webster 1987 and Tom Candiotti 1989. Oh well!
                you know you don't have to spend it all ...

Comment

you know you don't have to spend it all ...
                  I spent about 120k when I thought everyone got this amount. Once I discovered that I was the lucky one, I haven't spent anything.

Comment

life's been really busy but I'm finally getting around to downloading ...

Comment

I downloaded and simmed the 2020 season as the Mets manager/GM. Non-elite pitcher ERAs were much higher than I expected. Still a fun experience. Looking forward to seeing how the Arbitration process goes and signing players through free agency
                      2021 Auction Anatomy
                      2021 Keeper Decisions
                      2020 Auction Anatomy
                      2020 Pre-Auction
                      2015 Auction Anatomy
                      2014 Auction Anatomy
                      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

If you guys are interested, I think there’s a way to start up a league. I’ll have to check it out further though....

Comment

If you guys are interested, I think there’s a way to start up a league. I’ll have to check it out further though....
                          I used to be in an OOTP league so I'm certain it's possible, but I was never involved in running it so can't provide assistance.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Just wondering if OOTP is keeping your interest still.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                              Just wondering if OOTP is keeping your interest still.
                              I definitely like the Perfect Team better than just playing a historical season on my own, which has gotten boring.

Comment

Working...
                              X