Lockdown Dynasty Draft Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockdown Dynasty Draft Discussion

It's Here, It's relevant, It's....pretty much all we have.

Enjoy.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I was surprised to get acuna at 2, but I'll take him.

TYVM see you in a week at Pick #39
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      I was surprised to get acuna at 2, but I'll take him.

TYVM see you in a week at Pick #39
      Lucky bastard - Steve's team name was Mike Trout or Bust so you were set from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Lucky bastard - Steve's team name was Mike Trout or Bust so you were set from the start.
        I know, I was debating Trout, Bellinger or Soto was actually leaning toward Soto.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Anyone want to post the draft list or is that in another thread ?
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

DRAFT LIST THREAD

The easiest way for me to do this each round is to copy and paste from the draft room so it will go from bottom to top order, sorry.

Round 1

9 Downriver Dragons Bregman, Alex (3B HOU)
            8 Preachers Tatis, Fernando (SS SD)
            7 Stomp! Betts, Mookie (OF LAD)
            6 The Dogs of WAR Guerrero, Vladimir (3B TOR)
            5 Omar & The Hoppers Bellinger, Cody (OF LAD)
            4 Tucson Okies Soto, Juan (OF WAS)
            3 Shake and Bake Yelich, Christian (OF MIL)
            2 I am Groot Acuna, Ronald (OF ATL)
            1 Mike Trout or bust Trout, Mike (OF LAA)

Comment

I picked 5th and took Bellinger, I was hoping when Soto was on the board at 4 he could slip one more, but that didn't happen. Debated Betts over Bellinger but wanted the younger guy here when it was that close for me.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                DRAFT LIST THREAD

The easiest way for me to do this each round is to copy and paste from the draft room so it will go from bottom to top order, sorry.

Round 1

9 Downriver Dragons Bregman, Alex (3B HOU)
                8 Preachers Tatis, Fernando (SS SD)
                7 Stomp! Betts, Mookie (OF LAD)
                6 The Dogs of WAR Guerrero, Vladimir (3B TOR)
                5 Omar & The Hoppers Bellinger, Cody (OF LAD)
                4 Tucson Okies Soto, Juan (OF WAS)
                3 Shake and Bake Yelich, Christian (OF MIL)
                2 I am Groot Acuna, Ronald (OF ATL)
                1 Mike Trout or bust Trout, Mike (OF LAA)
                Keith, I just started a new thread to list the picks and keep the discussion here. I should be able to maintain this.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                  Keith, I just started a new thread to list the picks and keep the discussion here. I should be able to maintain this.
                  Awesome, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                    Thank you Sir.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Wander goes 12th!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        Anyone want to post the draft list or is that in another thread ?
                        thanks for the new threads ! I would have loved to do this but didn't want to join another league. Interesting to think about how far of a time period is worth looking at. Acuna could be putting up numbers for a long time. Longer than many leagues last. I think I would have gone with Acuna if I had the first pick, but can't really go wrong with Trout.
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Well, Hiura made it to one pick before me only to get swiped. Looked long and hard at younger less proven options, but Bogaerts is only 27.5 and he still plays a premium position. I would have loved pairing Hiura and Bellinger as two mid 20's guys, but Xander is solid and I didn't want to reach when this was close to his ADP in yearly drafts while also providing years of production for me.

Comment

Every guy I was looking at after last nights pause was gone by the time I woke up this morning.

I wanted Paddack, but I'll live with Beiber and was going to take Baez, but Steve grabbed him right after--So I took a big risk with Meadows. he might be fools gold, and with my 3rd pick I wasn't absolutely sure, but if last year was real as I hope (and some folks agree) he might be a solid #3 pick (fingers crossed.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Meadows = very, very solid pick

Comment

Working...
                              X