• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
    Is this a sim league?
    5x5 OBP and SV+H keep forever dynasty

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      Is this a sim league?
      I'll correct. Guess I wish Harper was still in WAS.

Comment

Finally got into the pitching pool. Woodruff was taken right before me so I settled for Bauer in round 6. If we had done this a year ago he would have gone much earlier, I am hoping I get 2018 Bauer or at least somewhere between 18 and 19 on ERA, the K's and stuff are there. Around the turn took Forrest Whitley, he lost some luster after last year but he was right there with Luzardo and Gore then and his stuff is as good as their stuff. He is tall so I am hoping it is just him figuring things out and that he can get it all fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
          I'll correct. Guess I wish Harper was still in WAS.
          Side note, every single pick you have made has been on my short list, 3 times the top name on my list, can you not pick next to me next time? K thanks.

Comment

And it continues, Kirilloff was 3rd on my list (not that he was making it back)

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Side note, every single pick you have made has been on my short list, 3 times the top name on my list, can you not pick next to me next time? K thanks.
              LOL - sorry but I guess I should take this as a compliment

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                LOL - sorry but I guess I should take this as a compliment
                It is. Good picks. Great talent. You are leaning for a little later window than me but there’s some significant overlap.

Comment

curious as to how many guys have a done a dynasty league similar to this before. Has this draft been similar to past drafts you've had or has the questions surrounding this season made the kids go earlier? I guess I was naive to think I could build a "win now" foundation and still be able to get some minors on my short wish list.

Comment

Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
                    curious as to how many guys have a done a dynasty league similar to this before. Has this draft been similar to past drafts you've had or has the questions surrounding this season made the kids go earlier? I guess I was naive to think I could build a "win now" foundation and still be able to get some minors on my short wish list.
                    Depends on your wish list in the minors, if you can grab a few in the upper minors it can work if they come up quickly. Like your Spencer Howard pick.

Comment

But to answer question, this ambitious grand scale 20 team with 55 man keep forever roster hasnt been done before on this site. Part of deal is it required the free time that lockdown has provided.

Comment

Very true about the free time. The Howard pick was really tough for me since I had already committed to "now" mode. I figured he has a pretty good chance of getting ml innings though this year. The other thing is young pitching has a tendency to burn bad at times. Certainly more than hitters

Comment

Knuckle i get the issue as we are drafting with different timelines in mind. I had my outlook going in as competitive right away but cap everyone at age 30 or younger. I just today had the eye opener of we really wont have a season this year imo and it took me 10 rds to wake up to this. I am happy to have landed jo addell in 3rd but would redo about 6 of my picks if i could as a switch went off im my head of state of pro games.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                            Knuckle i get the issue as we are drafting with different timelines in mind. I had my outlook going in as competitive right away but cap everyone at age 30 or younger. I just today had the eye opener of we really wont have a season this year imo and it took me 10 rds to wake up to this. I am happy to have landed jo addell in 3rd but would redo about 6 of my picks if i could as a switch went off im my head of state of pro games.
                            What would you change though if you were to re-do? I don't know that it really changes much.

Comment

Im having a mild meltdown ken. Dont mind me. Had to go out earlier, dropping items for my grandma at her asst living facility and had to drop bag outside building and call on to front desk for aide to pick up bag. Passed the more than 1 mile long line of cars of people waiting for testing onway home and i am a little freaked. Well my 1st pick i like. 2nd pick would have gone younger than rendon at 29. Future drafts will be slim pickings so get guys you want to see parked on roster for a few years at least.

Comment

Im having a mild meltdown ken. Dont mind me. Had to go out earlier, dropping items for my grandma at her asst living facility and had to drop bag outside building and call on to front desk for aide to pick up bag. Passed the more than 1 mile long line of cars of people waiting for testing onway home and i am a little freaked.
                                Understandably! It's a mess. Glad you could get your grandma some stuff though.

Well my 1st pick i like. 2nd pick would have gone younger than rendon at 29. Future drafts will be slim pickings so get guys you want to see parked on roster for a few years at least.
                                I don't know, I think Rendon is a great pick there, especially in OBP. 29 isn't ancient. If you don't compete in 2020 (or 2021 if that's the next season), I don't see why you could not get a boatload of prospects for Rendon from a contender in a trade.

If you had taken Nelson Cruz, I'd be worried. But Rendon? Nah.

Comment

Working...
                                X