Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
    Yup - took me awhile to commit to Devers
    Devers was our likely pick if you hadn't taken him, good choice.

Comment

Thanks. I was long tempted by Alvarez but then I looked closer at the 3B prospect pool and realized I don't like many of them....

Comment

I realize I am picking older players, which seems wild to me to be saying about guys in their 20s. I just picked with my 2nd pick, 34th overall in draft, the oldest player so far in A Rendon, who is 29. Angels just signed him to a 7 yr, 35+ mill per yr to be Batman to Trouts Superman act. If they have that kind of faith in next 7 yrs, so can I. Mookie Betts and A Rendon as my 1st 2 picks, maybe I am playing dynasty wrong but I am good with that.

Comment

You know your minors so I am not worried as those guys will be good into their mid 30s easy. But this hopefully puts us in different contention windows which I'm completely fine with

Comment

Beit good or bad, I am the one who took Wander Franko at #12. This is a KEEP FOREVER league, and we all have read the scouting reports on Wander... he has excelled at every level and there is a reason he's ranked #1 on Prospect lists everywhere, and he has been only getting better. I have had my eye on him since he was 15 in the DR Even before being drafted in the International Draft he played with kids 4 years older than him just to have competition. Tampa should use him fairly soon and he should provide me with 15+ years of quality baseball. So yeah, I pulled the trigger on him maybe a bit early, but at pick #12 of 20, I knew he wouldn't make it back to me. If I had it to do over again, I'd still pick him at, OMG, #12.
            Last edited by minnehan; 04-20-2020, 07:31 PM. Reason: stupid grammer

Comment

Originally posted by minnehan View Post
              Beit it good or bad, I am the one who took Wander Franko at #12. This is a KEEP FOREVER league, and we all have read the scouting reports on Wander... he has excelled at every level and there is a reason he's ranked #1 on Prospect lists everywhere, and he has been only getting better. I have had my eye on him since he was 15. Even before being drafted in the International Draft he played with kids 4 years older than him just to have competition. Tampa should use him fairly soon and he should provide me with 15+ years of quality baseball. So yeah, I pulled the trigger on him maybe a bit early, but at pick #12 of 20, I knew he wouldn't make it back to me. If I had it to do over again, I'd still pick him at, OMG, #12.
              We should all remember Kevin Maitan as well...he was Wander before Wander every came on anyone's radar. He's the guy who was so good he could miss. Two different organizations paid him over 10 million in bonus money if my rusty recollection is close to correct. Now, he's a likely never plays in the majors guy.

You SHOULD have a stud for a decade...but there's no such thing as a sure thing.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                We should all remember Kevin Maitan as well...he was Wander before Wander every came on anyone's radar. He's the guy who was so good he could miss. Two different organizations paid him over 10 million in bonus money if my rusty recollection is close to correct. Now, he's a likely never plays in the majors guy.

You SHOULD have a stud for a decade...but there's no such thing as a sure thing.
                I'm just drafting guys I like, sure I'm doing the work, but if I gotta live with these picks forever--I'd better like em. BTW you can stop hoarding players you know I like--I'm not trading Acuna
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                X