Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Official Pandemic "Household Inconveniences" thread

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Country music star Morgan Wallen has been removed as Saturday Night Live musical guest this week after a video surfaced of him intimately kissing several female fans in a crowded bar in Alabama last weekend. Producer Lorne Michaels informed him that this was a violation of COVID-19 safety protocol for the show.

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    AMC Theatres joins a handful of cinemas letting customers rent out auditoriums for private screenings -- a growing trend due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
    AMC allows rentals of up to 20 people. According to its website, rates start at $99, excluding tax, and increase to $349 depending on the movie, the theater's location and any other add-ons like food and drink. AMC's FAQ page lists renting a microphone to greet guests as an extra $100 charge, while more time to enter an auditorium, beyond the standard 15 minutes, will cost another $250.

talk about a pandemic-related inconvenience!

STORY from Vice.com:

The New Yorker has suspended reporter Jeffrey Toobin for masturbating on a Zoom video chat between members of the New Yorker and WNYC radio last week. Toobin says he did not realize his video was on.

I made an embarrassingly stupid mistake, believing I was off-camera. I apologize to my wife, family, friends and co-workers, Toobin told Motherboard.

I believed I was not visible on Zoom. I thought no one on the Zoom call could see me. I thought I had muted the Zoom video, he added.

Two people who were on the call told VICE separately that the call was an election simulation featuring many of the New Yorker's biggest stars.

Both people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to speak freely, noted that it was unclear how much each person saw, but both said that they saw Toobin jerking off.

The two sources described a juncture in the election simulation when there was a strategy session, and the Democrats and Republicans went into their respective break out rooms for about 10 minutes.

At this point, they said, it seemed like Toobin was on a second video call. The sources said that when the groups returned from their break out rooms, Toobin lowered the camera. The people on the call said they could see Toobin touching his penis. Toobin then left the call.

Moments later, he called back in, seemingly unaware of what his colleagues had been able to see, and the simulation continued.

UPDATE: This piece has been updated with more detail about the call. The headline has been updated to reflect that Toobin was masturbating.

my take:

with apologies to George Costanza and his cleaning lady:

"Was that wrong? Should I not have done that?

I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing is frowned upon... you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices - and I tell you, people do that all the time."
    entering 37th yr in 12-team NL 5x5 - in 2021, after a year off
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

2021 37th-year Rotissierie keeper candidates
    SP - Scherzer 44-S1, Marquez 10-S1, CSmith 1-O, Cueto 1-S1, Samardzija 1-S1
    RP -
    INF - C Realmuto 13-O, 1O Belt 10-S1, 1O Cooper 10-S1, SS Crawford 9-S1
    OF - CDickerson 17-S1
    FARM - HRamos, Baty, Niedert, JOrtiz
    have first pick in mid-April farm draft