Official Pandemic "Household Inconveniences" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    still have not gotten a haircut in the COVIID-19 era.

anyone else "letting their freak flag fly?"

as noted earlier, after a month I trimmed by beard and have maintained a basic goatee.

so, ok, not exactly "full freak" mode. but letting it grow untethered in the back
    Pictures please
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      still have not gotten a haircut in the COVIID-19 era.

anyone else "letting their freak flag fly?"

as noted earlier, after a month I trimmed by beard and have maintained a basic goatee.

so, ok, not exactly "full freak" mode. but letting it grow untethered in the back
      I am in the no haircut boat.

Goat gets trimmed but still longer than usual. The rest of my face gets a little scruffy as I only shave that once a week or so. I will lather up today or tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Production on "The Batman," the forthcoming film starring Robert Pattinson, has been halted after a member of the production tested positive for coronavirus, according to Warner Bros. Pictures.
        A new batch of COVID-19 cases were discovered on the set of "Jurassic World: Dominion" ... and, as a result, production is going on a brief hiatus.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          A new batch of COVID-19 cases were discovered on the set of "Jurassic World: Dominion" ... and, as a result, production is going on a brief hiatus.
          Which species?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Which species?
            Human.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Country music star Morgan Wallen has been removed as Saturday Night Live musical guest this week after a video surfaced of him intimately kissing several female fans in a crowded bar in Alabama last weekend. Producer Lorne Michaels informed him that this was a violation of COVID-19 safety protocol for the show.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

AMC Theatres joins a handful of cinemas letting customers rent out auditoriums for private screenings -- a growing trend due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
                AMC allows rentals of up to 20 people. According to its website, rates start at $99, excluding tax, and increase to $349 depending on the movie, the theater's location and any other add-ons like food and drink. AMC's FAQ page lists renting a microphone to greet guests as an extra $100 charge, while more time to enter an auditorium, beyond the standard 15 minutes, will cost another $250.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

talk about a pandemic-related inconvenience!

STORY from Vice.com:

The New Yorker has suspended reporter Jeffrey Toobin for masturbating on a Zoom video chat between members of the New Yorker and WNYC radio last week. Toobin says he did not realize his video was on.

“I made an embarrassingly stupid mistake, believing I was off-camera. I apologize to my wife, family, friends and co-workers,” Toobin told Motherboard.

“I believed I was not visible on Zoom. I thought no one on the Zoom call could see me. I thought I had muted the Zoom video,” he added.

Two people who were on the call told VICE separately that the call was an election simulation featuring many of the New Yorker's biggest stars.

Both people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to speak freely, noted that it was unclear how much each person saw, but both said that they saw Toobin jerking off.

The two sources described a juncture in the election simulation when there was a strategy session, and the Democrats and Republicans went into their respective break out rooms for about 10 minutes.

At this point, they said, it seemed like Toobin was on a second video call. The sources said that when the groups returned from their break out rooms, Toobin lowered the camera. The people on the call said they could see Toobin touching his penis. Toobin then left the call.

Moments later, he called back in, seemingly unaware of what his colleagues had been able to see, and the simulation continued.

UPDATE: This piece has been updated with more detail about the call. The headline has been updated to reflect that Toobin was masturbating.

my take:

with apologies to George Costanza and his cleaning lady:

"Was that wrong? Should I not have done that?

I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing is frowned upon... you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices - and I tell you, people do that all the time."
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                  X