Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Official Pandemic "Household Inconveniences" thread

  1. #31
    I had stopped shaving since mid-March, feeling that the growing disarray reflected my mood rather well.

    this got me to a cross between the beard of Rutherford B. Hayes and one of the Smith Bros. on the old cough drops boxes.

    but last night I stumbled across a rerun of some lifetime achievement award given to David Letterman.

    geesh, THAT'S who I look like!

    my understanding is that for him, it's a symbol of "I don't give a fock, I'm retired." it looks terrible, but hey it's his face.

    this helped me realize that the wild furball on my face wasn't reflecting my mood, it was helping CREATE that mood.

    so I bought a new electric razor and did a cleanup in Aisle 3 last night, so to speak.

    still have a beard for the moment, but looking in the mirror no longer depresses me and I have gotten off to a flying start at work today!
    entering 37th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    horrendous final week dropped me from a shot at 3rd to 6th
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

    2020 AUCTION candidates (keep up to 11)
    SP Scherzer 44, Samardzija 1, CSmith 1, Cueto 1, Marquez 10
    RP Stanek 8
    C Realmuto 13, 1O Belt 10, SS BCrawford 9
    OF CDickerson 17, O1 Cooper 10, JDyson 8

  2. #32
    MVP Erik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Barrington, NJ
    Posts
    10,607
    This morning I found the two things that had been most elusive for us during the country's hoarding frenzy.

    Clorox wipes (technically the supermarket's private-label brand, but I'm not being picky) and Kraft mac and cheese shaped like shells -- the only kind of mac and cheese my 9-year-old will eat.

    Toilet paper and paper towels have not been a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

  3. #33
    still no toilet paper (though I'm good there - my brother lives far enough west of the epicenter that it's not an issue if I'm ever in a pinch).

    snagged my first 2-pack of paper towels in 3 months on that visit, though.

    mac and cheese has been spotty, but I found a dairy-free one that I'll try.

    not lactose intolerant - but maybe headed there? we'll see.

    my next research: goatee, or Van Dyke?

    am no longer interested in attracting bees - er, women.

    but which one looks less lame gray, as an old guy, if we ever can go out in public again here without masks?

    think that elderly guy on Criminal Minds. he had more hair up top, but I'm not bald. then again, the new dark drapes are not meshing well with the new gray carpet.

    (calm down, guys. all of this action is taking place north of the collarbone.)

    and the new mustache is a mix of both.
    entering 37th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    horrendous final week dropped me from a shot at 3rd to 6th
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

    2020 AUCTION candidates (keep up to 11)
    SP Scherzer 44, Samardzija 1, CSmith 1, Cueto 1, Marquez 10
    RP Stanek 8
    C Realmuto 13, 1O Belt 10, SS BCrawford 9
    OF CDickerson 17, O1 Cooper 10, JDyson 8

  4. #34
    Journeyman swampdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    northern new jersey
    Posts
    3,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    still no toilet paper (though I'm good there - my brother lives far enough west of the epicenter that it's not an issue if I'm ever in a pinch).

    snagged my first 2-pack of paper towels in 3 months on that visit, though.

    mac and cheese has been spotty, but I found a dairy-free one that I'll try.

    not lactose intolerant - but maybe headed there? we'll see.

    my next research: goatee, or Van Dyke?

    am no longer interested in attracting bees - er, women.

    but which one looks less lame gray, as an old guy, if we ever can go out in public again here without masks?

    think that elderly guy on Criminal Minds. he had more hair up top, but I'm not bald. then again, the new dark drapes are not meshing well with the new gray carpet.

    (calm down, guys. all of this action is taking place north of the collarbone.)

    and the new mustache is a mix of both.
    they will deliver to NJ -

    https://www.wbmason.com/SearchResult...tegory=C000802

  5. #35
    tons of toilet paper at the local supermarket yesterday, which shows that we now have a new, systemic problem: rampant constipation throughout the region!

    finally went from a "David Letterman" beard of horror down to a goatee. it's ...... not great, but it's an improvement.
    entering 37th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    horrendous final week dropped me from a shot at 3rd to 6th
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

    2020 AUCTION candidates (keep up to 11)
    SP Scherzer 44, Samardzija 1, CSmith 1, Cueto 1, Marquez 10
    RP Stanek 8
    C Realmuto 13, 1O Belt 10, SS BCrawford 9
    OF CDickerson 17, O1 Cooper 10, JDyson 8

  6. #36
    Journeyman TranaGreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    downtown
    Posts
    4,767
    well up here, chickens are the new toilet paper ...

    People flock to backyard chickens, gardens amidst pandemic

    and yes, I know people who have invested.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.
    Some people think he's playing chess when actually his aides are trying to stop him from eating the pieces.

  7. #37
    MVP Erik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Barrington, NJ
    Posts
    10,607
    I haven't worn a collared shirt -- Polo or button-down -- since March 12, my last day in the office before it went all-WFH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

  8. #38
    All Star madducks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Posts
    5,534
    Costco has stopped selling the half-sheet cakes that are essential for graduation and birthday parties. They are instead promoting their 10-inch round cakes and other baked goods.

    Costco explained to outraged customers on its Facebook page that the decision was made "To help limit personal contact and create more space for social distancing." Half-sheet cakes feed around 50 people, while its 10-inch round cakes serve around a dozen.

  9. #39
    Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Steve 2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,587
    Quote Originally Posted by madducks View Post
    Costco has stopped selling the half-sheet cakes that are essential for graduation and birthday parties. They are instead promoting their 10-inch round cakes and other baked goods.

    Costco explained to outraged customers on its Facebook page that the decision was made "To help limit personal contact and create more space for social distancing." Half-sheet cakes feed around 50 people, while its 10-inch round cakes serve around a dozen.
    around a dozen what, though?
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

    "It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

    "I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

    Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

  10. #40
    All Star heyelander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sactown
    Posts
    8,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    around a dozen what, though?
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •