No announcement yet.

Official Pandemic "Household Inconveniences" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had stopped shaving since mid-March, feeling that the growing disarray reflected my mood rather well.

this got me to a cross between the beard of Rutherford B. Hayes and one of the Smith Bros. on the old cough drops boxes.

but last night I stumbled across a rerun of some lifetime achievement award given to David Letterman.

geesh, THAT'S who I look like!

my understanding is that for him, it's a symbol of "I don't give a fock, I'm retired." it looks terrible, but hey it's his face.

this helped me realize that the wild furball on my face wasn't reflecting my mood, it was helping CREATE that mood.

so I bought a new electric razor and did a cleanup in Aisle 3 last night, so to speak.

still have a beard for the moment, but looking in the mirror no longer depresses me and I have gotten off to a flying start at work today!
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

This morning I found the two things that had been most elusive for us during the country's hoarding frenzy.

Clorox wipes (technically the supermarket's private-label brand, but I'm not being picky) and Kraft mac and cheese shaped like shells -- the only kind of mac and cheese my 9-year-old will eat.

Toilet paper and paper towels have not been a problem.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

still no toilet paper (though I'm good there - my brother lives far enough west of the epicenter that it's not an issue if I'm ever in a pinch).

snagged my first 2-pack of paper towels in 3 months on that visit, though.

mac and cheese has been spotty, but I found a dairy-free one that I'll try.

not lactose intolerant - but maybe headed there? we'll see.

my next research: goatee, or Van Dyke?

am no longer interested in attracting bees - er, women.

but which one looks less lame gray, as an old guy, if we ever can go out in public again here without masks?

think that elderly guy on Criminal Minds. he had more hair up top, but I'm not bald. then again, the new dark drapes are not meshing well with the new gray carpet.

(calm down, guys. all of this action is taking place north of the collarbone.)

and the new mustache is a mix of both.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          still no toilet paper (though I'm good there - my brother lives far enough west of the epicenter that it's not an issue if I'm ever in a pinch).

snagged my first 2-pack of paper towels in 3 months on that visit, though.

mac and cheese has been spotty, but I found a dairy-free one that I'll try.

not lactose intolerant - but maybe headed there? we'll see.

my next research: goatee, or Van Dyke?

am no longer interested in attracting bees - er, women.

but which one looks less lame gray, as an old guy, if we ever can go out in public again here without masks?

think that elderly guy on Criminal Minds. he had more hair up top, but I'm not bald. then again, the new dark drapes are not meshing well with the new gray carpet.

(calm down, guys. all of this action is taking place north of the collarbone.)

and the new mustache is a mix of both.
          they will deliver to NJ -

https://www.wbmason.com/SearchResult...tegory=C000802

Comment

tons of toilet paper at the local supermarket yesterday, which shows that we now have a new, systemic problem: rampant constipation throughout the region!

finally went from a "David Letterman" beard of horror down to a goatee. it's ...... not great, but it's an improvement.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

well up here, chickens are the new toilet paper ...

People flock to backyard chickens, gardens amidst pandemic

and yes, I know people who have invested.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I haven't worn a collared shirt -- Polo or button-down -- since March 12, my last day in the office before it went all-WFH.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Costco has stopped selling the half-sheet cakes that are essential for graduation and birthday parties. They are instead promoting their 10-inch round cakes and other baked goods.

Costco explained to outraged customers on its Facebook page that the decision was made "To help limit personal contact and create more space for social distancing." Half-sheet cakes feed around 50 people, while its 10-inch round cakes serve around a dozen.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Costco has stopped selling the half-sheet cakes that are essential for graduation and birthday parties. They are instead promoting their 10-inch round cakes and other baked goods.

Costco explained to outraged customers on its Facebook page that the decision was made "To help limit personal contact and create more space for social distancing." Half-sheet cakes feed around 50 people, while its 10-inch round cakes serve around a dozen.
                    around a dozen what, though?
                    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I had to bring in AC guy the other night.

this condo is still comfortable at 79 degrees inside, maybe 80.

yeah, it was 86 inside so I had to bite the bullet.

after waiting all day, a sweaty fat guy knocks on the door at 9:30 pm and apologizes that he forgot his mask downstairs.

grr - but the main AC panel is located one foot in from the outside wall. we both liked that.

he pokes around, including in the utility closet outside on the balcony. says he has to get some tools in the shed.

comes back and with a mask, I'll give him that.

some nights it only gets the inside down to 78 - which actually works for me!

the kitchen sink leak and the broken blinds will still have to wait, however....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                          Peeples.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

A Pittsburgh Public Schools' board member forgot to turn off her camera before getting in the shower during a live virtual meeting Wednesday.

https://www.wtae.com/article/pittsbu...eting/33674064

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Production on "The Batman," the forthcoming film starring Robert Pattinson, has been halted after a member of the production tested positive for coronavirus, according to Warner Bros. Pictures.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

still have not gotten a haircut in the COVIID-19 era.

anyone else "letting their freak flag fly?"

as noted earlier, after a month I trimmed by beard and have maintained a basic goatee.

so, ok, not exactly "full freak" mode. but letting it grow untethered in the back

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X