Fishing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken, are you using live shrimp or dead?

If live are the fish sucking the body and leaving the head?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Ken, are you using live shrimp or dead?

If live are the fish sucking the body and leaving the head?
      I've used both, but last night they were dead (I haven't been to the bait shop in weeks, but I caught 3 shrimp in a net). With the shrimp, yes they were sucking the bait off the hook it seems. I guess I could try a treble. Also looking at switching to a fake shrimp lure tonight.

I have seen several crab swimming around too, thought about catching one and using it as bait for the reds.

Comment

I think the important thing when fishing is to have a believable email address and try to spell check. Once there are crazy spelling errors, it's hard to get your mark to buy the scam.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
          I think the important thing when fishing is to have a believable email address and try to spell check. Once there are crazy spelling errors, it's hard to get your mark to buy the scam.
          I know, it's amazing how bad those guys are at it. Considering the amount of money they can pull in from that scam, it's amazing they don't pay for some English classes and buy up a respectable looking domain name.

Comment

6 fish caught tonight, 1 keeper spotted sea trout - my first keeper (after 5 others too small)!

Comment

Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
              Have you tried any spinners? Amberjack are aggressive and a fast flashy rooster tail like spinner could be effective
              Or big spoon to mimic the minnows
              Great advice, rooster tail spoon had probably 10 bites last night, best I've had so far.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Congrats!

I have never had Spotted Trout, they are supposed to be delicious.

Comment

Nice!!!! Glad to hear Ken. We have a small creek here, Arcola Creek and throwing spoons in lake erie at the mouth and spinners in the creek are very effective during the aggressive spawning time. the egg sacks and maggots and of course flies if you go that route work well but there is something I just love about catching them while reeling in a spoon or spinner whether fast or herky jersey. Keep sending pics. Love it!!!!!!

Comment

Three medium size reds (for this area), but none of them keepers - 16/17 inches.

Also, for some reason I'm now losing my lures. Tying the same knots and all of the sudden they are getting pulled off. Not sure if I'm catching bigger fish and the knots I'm using it can't handle it or what. Lost 2 fish tonight with lures in their mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Three medium size reds (for this area), but none of them keepers - 16/17 inches.

Also, for some reason I'm now losing my lures. Tying the same knots and all of the sudden they are getting pulled off. Not sure if I'm catching bigger fish and the knots I'm using it can't handle it or what. Lost 2 fish tonight with lures in their mouth.
                        What is the keeper size for reds?

I hate it when I lose fish because my knot didn't hold! At least when a fish breaks me off I feel good that I had a big fish. When my knot slips I just feel like it didn't need to happen.

Comment

clinch knot the only knot you need to know imo. I go 7 times. Add some Polish spit before tightening too. Has always worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
                            clinch knot the only knot you need to know imo. I go 7 times. Add some Polish spit before tightening too. Has always worked for me.
                            I use the improved clinch knot 6 times. It does not work well with fireline.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              What is the keeper size for reds?

I hate it when I lose fish because my knot didn't hold! At least when a fish breaks me off I feel good that I had a big fish. When my knot slips I just feel like it didn't need to happen.
                              20 inches is the min and 28 the max without tagging.

And I agree on the knots.

Comment

Took my 8 year old daughter kayak fishing last night and she did great. She hooked a trout but we couldn't get it in the boat (net man's, i.e. dad's fault). Hooked her finger on a treble at one point and that really scared her but she got past it and did great.

Comment

Working...
                                X