Official Stock Market Investing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Again, if you're not watching, this is the greatest show on earth. Even CNBC is on it almost nonstop.

I FINALLY entered the fray today, buying 3 GME Feb 115 calls at NOON TODAY when the stock was at 88. It's 3 1/2 hours later, those calls are up 120%!!

The stock is at 148!!

My SKT calls are up 200% today and 390% IN ONE WEEK.
    What was that book you recommended ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      What was that book you recommended ?
      For you, this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/09...SIN=0962653144
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        um, you have no idea what a field of land mines you just stepped in. I'll give you a bit of time to exit gracefully, in spite of your mischaracterizations. you are one step forward away from stepping on a really big one.

#BOOM

Anyway, maybe you could just loan me your copy ?
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          The power of Reddit to influence the market. Kinda scary. /r/WallStreetBets is a garbage subreddit.
          They definitely influenced it, absolutely.

And, in fact, you may even say they have created a monster that has taken advantage of an incredible loophole, which is using the power of their numbers to Short Squeeze. It's not just GME, it's SKT, TR, BBBY, BB, REV, virtually any company on the list of top shorted stocks.

Sometimes you have to ride the wave, as long as you know when to jump off.

BTW, Elon Musk tweeted about GME. After closing at 148, the stock shot up to 234 after hours!!!!!

Comment

LOL...just saw this on the whole Game Stop issue - https://threads-web.vercel.app/threa...51035224694785
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Friend of mine is one of these finance guys, appears on CNBC a bunch. His twitter is pretty funny - he's like "keeping my eye on Blockbuster, Radio Shack and Circuit City for investment opportunities."

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                Friend of mine is one of these finance guys, appears on CNBC a bunch. His twitter is pretty funny - he's like "keeping my eye on Blockbuster, Radio Shack and Circuit City for investment opportunities."
                If Musk tweeted he thought they were cool and retro, they would immediately be brought back and skyrocket. The current market seems crazy to me. I am tempted to convert my measly 401k to stores of wheat in anticipation of the coming bubble bursting.

Comment

My strategy of buying calls of the Top Shorted Stocks has paid off in spades as they find themselves at the mercy of the WallStreetBettors. Keep in mind I bought most of these last week. I bought GME & BB yesterday:

AMC: +435%
                  GME: +870%
                  REV: +169%
                  NOK: +174%
                  SKT: +765%
                  TR: +249%
                  SPCE: +95%
                  RKT: +28%
                  BB: +45%
                  FUBO: +48%
                  M: +107%
                  FCEL: +204%
                  PLAY: +37%

Comment

My strategy of buying calls of the Top Shorted Stocks has paid off in spades as they find themselves at the mercy of the WallStreetBettors.
                    You've been there and know the market really well - how long before the Street launches a counter-attack against these guys?

Comment

I see FCEL there. Are my out of nowhere improvements in PLUG part of this as well?
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        You've been there and know the market really well - how long before the Street launches a counter-attack against these guys?
                        My guess is as soon as I liquidate assets to be a sucker and get caught up in this frenzy. I'll keep you updated on my willpower.

Comment

Am I really missing out by not jumping in on this craziness before the ride ends? I feel like I should get in on this.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Well, TDA already restricted trades in GME and AMC among others today.

I would also expect the SEC to start looking into restrictions. But that could take awhile.

Sold one of my GME calls for a nifty 900% one day profit. Still holding two.

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            Am I really missing out by not jumping in on this craziness before the ride ends? I feel like I should get in on this.
                            If you are not watching a trading screen all day long......no way. These stocks could turn on a dime and head south quickly.

Comment

At what point do the Puts become the attractive play? That’s what I want to know. Not to take the side of the shorts, but realistically, will the Reddit army hold the line & can this war last more than 90 days?
                              2021 Auction Anatomy
                              2021 Keeper Decisions
                              2020 Auction Anatomy
                              2020 Pre-Auction
                              2015 Auction Anatomy
                              2014 Auction Anatomy
                              2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                              RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Well, TDA already restricted trades in GME and AMC among others today.
                                Discord banned the WSB channel and the WSB subreddit is now private. Methinks the Empire is striking back.

Edit to add: And according to Chris Cillizza, you're a Trump supporter for cashing in on this Trumpist behavior or something.
                                Last edited by chancellor; 01-27-2021, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X