No announcement yet.

Official Stock Market Investing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best explanation of all this that I’ve seen. Breaks it down so an average guy like me can understand.

Comment

• Plane seen flying around Robinhood headquarters in San Francisco yesterday:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Don't know if anyone here has been paying attention to GameStop stock (GME), but it has BOOMED over the last few weeks and months. Some enterprising investors bought GME calls when the stock bottomed around $3, and because of a major short squeeze, the stock has now hit $75!!! Those call buyers are now multi-millionaires!
        This has become a downright phenomenon. Frankly, it's the most revolutionary thing I've seen in my almost 30-year Wall Street career -- retail investors banding together and forcing hedge funds into near collapse.

The stock plunged today (down to $188), but the squeeze is still on. It's up to 225% of the float now, but with limits set in place by Robinhood and others, it may be too dangerous to play around with. I made a killing in the options, but lost big on Friday buying the stock (which I sold intraday for a nice loss).

If it drops to the $120s I may buy some options again hoping for the second squeeze, but otherwise I'm done with it.

Comment

• And now silver...
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            And now silver...
            hi ho!
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              And now silver...
              Apparently that was not a real WSB bro, but the crazed media jumped all over it. Anything they say turns to gold now, lol (even silver).

Comment

• GME down 117 points today, 52%!!
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  GME down 117 points today, 52%!!
                  Look out below!!

Comment

• BTW, in case anyone is interested, you can buy cryptocurrency through Paypal now. I bought some bitcoin yesterday for shits and giggles.

Comment

• In case you missed it, or maybe speed reading just isn't your thing, here is another look at Reddit's 5 second Super Bowl ad:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        In case you missed it, or maybe speed reading just isn't your thing, here is another look at Reddit's 5 second Super Bowl ad:

Awesome! Power to the people!

Comment

• In its annual filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Tesla said that it has invested $1.5 billion in bitcoin.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            BTW, in case anyone is interested, you can buy cryptocurrency through Paypal now. I bought some bitcoin yesterday for shits and giggles.
                            I bought $500 of Bitcoin and $250 of Ethereum (whatever that is) that day. Three days later, that $750 is worth $900.

Comment

• Pot Stocks took off earlier this week in another WallStreetBets short squeeze, but are crashing hard today.

Comment

• $GME is on another run. Is anyone considering buying some options? Since the rise came in the last 90 minutes of trading yesterday and in after hour activity, does it make sense to buy the Feb 26th Calls, believing the market will push the price higher during the day, today...and the March 19th Puts, believing the market will bring the price back down, as happened last time?
                                2021 Auction Anatomy
                                2021 Keeper Decisions
                                2020 Auction Anatomy
                                2020 Pre-Auction
                                2015 Auction Anatomy
                                2014 Auction Anatomy
                                2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                                RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Working...
                                X