Official Pandemic "No Haircuts" War Stories thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Pandemic "No Haircuts" War Stories thread

I suspect that the majority here now are in the "no-fly zone" as far as going to the barber.

so who's rocking a great look these days?

my hair overall is basically the same, other than that scruff down the back of the neck.

but I've been trying an "NHL playoff beard" for COVID-19 - which, frankly, is not pretty.

first off, the carpet doesn't match the drapes - if you're under 40 (if anyone HERE is under 40), you can google it.

my last beard effort was around the end of Brett Favre's career, and I was matching his salt-and-pepper beard look.

now, it's pepper hair (drapes) and salt beard (that's the carpet in this example), which is hideous. and it's not even Santa Claus white - you can't even notice some of it, if you do your six feet of social distancing from me.

only hope now is that some of the beard encroaching on my cheeks is not all white, and I'm thinking maybe a bit of a "Wolverine" look could be cool.

(I have mentioned before the striking difference of how one is raised by parents who grew up in The Great Depression. my father learned to cut hair at the firehouse, and he cut all of his kid's hair - because who would 'waste money' on such on an extravagant place like a barbershop? by the time my brother and I were 14, it's the long-hair mid-1970s, and there are Italian kids on the block with fancy cuts and they're even using hair dryers (!). all of the other kids are going to barbershops and salons, too. so we told Dad that it might be time to let that one chore go. he agreed.)
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

I am thinking of getting a mohawk. My daughter would enjoy cutting my hair. She always wanted to be a hair stylist
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

At my Age just having a full head of hair is an accomplishment. I have always been one to play around with my hair. Like JJ I came from a family of 5 kids and my Mom always did our hair. Growing up it was a butch cut . Then in the early 70’s I would only get it cut once a year for basketball. We had to have it off our collar and 2 fingers above our eyes. Of course the late 70 early 80 was the age of “ the Perms” - I rocked that Bright Red curl at college. Then when I went into teaching and coaching I basically had short hair styles followed in the 90’s the big hair band look or a Ponytail as my hair went halfway down my back.
      Then when I got married ( with long hair) and one day shocked my girls by hacking it all off. By this time my hair had turn to Auburn and my hair stylist
      Said women would kill for my hair color.

I then worked my way through my Company becoming upper management with a business cut. Hair color now turned brown.

Now in my semi-retirement job at Walmart I went back to the short hair. Grey. Usually got it cut once a month so it is starting to grow out but I have a long time before I get to the old guy with a ponytail .

Comment

IMG_7853.jpg. From early 90’s and the women I dated before my wife.

My profile pic on left is me and my siblings at Spring training a few years ago. I am the first male on the left.

Comment

My mother cut my hair when I was growing up and since I've been on my own I've always cut it myself, first w just scissors and later w electric hair clippers. So, this virus situation poses no change in habits for me re: this. I also use hair clippers to trim my facial hair, which is less annoying than shaving, altho I do shave sometimes, also.

Comment

2 more with parents cutting their hair - I'm learning something!
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

In order to comply with the CDC mask guidelines for facial hair, I trimmed my goatee, which I've had for 10+ years, into a Thurman Munson-style horseshoe moustache.

Comment

Won't be long until my wife will have to give shaving my neck another try. She tried it once, blew it, and vowed never to do it again but at this point who freaking cares.

If this thing goes on long enough I'll have to use my beard trimmer as a hair trimmer like I attempted years back. After my wife's repeated attempts to use the same guard as the barber does with no success, I cranked it way down and did it myself. I may have looked like a neo-nazi and my wife may have cried, but I actually loved it.

Comment

I have a mustache and goatee that normally is pretty long. I shave the rest of my face and neck about every 2-3 days.

Comment

I've always worn my hair long if it was possible, gotee as well. Nothing's changed as you have seen from my Music Video I posted, Long hair almost past my shoulders and a New gotee. Shave once a week as my facial hair is a slow grow and it's just neck and Cheeks now.
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

gonna get a decent electric trimmer next time I'm on a essential target run and finally go for a 1.5 everywhere.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I just did a touch-up dye job on RJEL girl's hair.

this has to be a sign of the apocalypse.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          I just did a touch-up dye job on RJEL girl's hair.

this has to be a sign of the apocalypse.
                          This is probably how most salon owners start out.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                            Won't be long until my wife will have to give shaving my neck another try. She tried it once, blew it, and vowed never to do it again but at this point who freaking cares.

If this thing goes on long enough I'll have to use my beard trimmer as a hair trimmer like I attempted years back. After my wife's repeated attempts to use the same guard as the barber does with no success, I cranked it way down and did it myself. I may have looked like a neo-nazi and my wife may have cried, but I actually loved it.
                            this is exactly where I'm at. I mentioned yesterday (after reading this thread) that I might use the longest attachment & buzz myself - let's just say that she did not react well ... so I just did it on the sides ... but as the weather warms up the temptation grows ...
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

hmm...just as a general comment, maybe a better strategy:

If I am cooped up with my lovely and I want to use some of the time chasing her around (with the hopes she lets me catch her) it might be better if she wins the battle of how my hair should look.

Just sayin...

Comment

Working...
                              X