No announcement yet.

Official Pandemic "No Haircuts" War Stories thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All you have to do is get her into the soldier coming home from war fantasy and you're golden.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
      All you have to do is get her into the soldier coming home from war fantasy and you're golden.
      So when your wife cried over that last haircut is was tears of joy?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        hmm...just as a general comment, maybe a better strategy:

If I am cooped up with my lovely and I want to use some of the time chasing her around (with the hopes she lets me catch her) it might be better if she wins the battle of how my hair should look.

Just sayin...
        My problem is my wife strongly prefers me with short hair, but also won't risk helping me cut it .

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          My problem is my wife strongly prefers me with short hair, but also won't risk helping me cut it .
          We should give it until the end of April and then post pictures of our Coronavirus Coiffures.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            So when your wife cried over that last haircut is was tears of joy?
            I'd like to think so. Otherwise, I just need to give her a good backstory this time.

Comment

Last shaved on 3/9, had a goatee until 7 years ago, shaved it off on a vacation and it was the first time my kids had ever seen me without one. The salt was overtaking the pepper.

Majority white, a few streaks of brown/black, but since my facial hair grows in different directions i'm not symmetrical. Past the street wino phase and now approaching 70's album cover phase. I was over due for a haircut when this started, and I wear my hair longish anyway. Wife digs facial and long hair, I just usually frustrate her in that regard. Hope to keep the beard for at least one day back in the office, though that might be longer that I can stand it.

Comment

"70's album cover phase."

that's good!

this remains hideous - dark head on the top of my head, a kind of but not all dark mustache, and almost all white beard.

I'd have to buy one of dye kits. maybe to make the beard dark, maybe to make everything white. but something.

I've never seen anyone rock THIS look, in normal times.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

If I had any courage at all, and I didn't have a job that might make such a move off-putting to all my students, coworkers, and bosses, I'd buzz cut my my whole head and be done with it.

But I fear that if I did, it would be like the end of the movie Mist--as soon as I made the sacrifice, they'd open everything up the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    If I had any courage at all, and I didn't have a job that might make such a move off-putting to all my students, coworkers, and bosses, I'd buzz cut my my whole head and be done with it.

But I fear that if I did, it would be like the end of the movie Mist--as soon as I made the sacrifice, they'd open everything up the next day.
                    What's there to be afraid of though? I'm sure there will be lots of people walking around with strange hair in the coming days/weeks/months, so you'll fit in.

Comment

Hair coloring products and hair clippers are the latest items that are getting harder to find in stores and online.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

My daughter called me Gandalf today.

Comment

I'm closing in the "Papa Smurf" - not the "Silver Wolverine" look I had sought......

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

My Panasonic Wet Dry rechargeable beard/hair trimmer was dropped at our door yesterday afternoon. I plan on giving it a try on my lunch hour today (beard only).

I have admit I am kind of excited.

Comment

what is this "lunch hour" you speak of?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                what is this "lunch hour" you speak of?
                                Ha, it is the break time I allow myself when phones and emails are quiet.

Unfortunately I will not be using the new trimmer as it has to charge for 20 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X