Tiger King Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger King Connection

I haven't watched it yet, but I just realized/discovered that the setting of it is the Big Cats Rescue my first college girlfriend volunteered at in Tampa. She took me there a few times, and while she was an untrained, unpaid volunteer, she and I had total free rein of the place. We went into cages and I pet an ocelot and a bobcat. Petting the bobcat was scary, which she got a kick out of. That things neck felt like it was made out of steel. I saw s lynx with a missing arm that had been swiped off by a lion in the next area over. I saw a cage filled with macaques, and a dead chick near by. There were chickens that wandered around (and a peacock) and apparently, if a chick came close to the cage, the Macqaques would grab them and kill them. I saw my first bearcat there--it made the whole place smell like popcorn. I now work at a school whose mascot is the bearcat. It is trippy seeing that place on the map now with the popularity of this documentary.

That girl was a big time animal lover. Put me on the path to being a vegetarian (now a flexitarian). She had an enormous pet rat that had a tumor that was nearly half as big as it. She fed it fruit loops and insisted I pet it. The things young men do for a hot girl (when my friend from another college met her, he was legit upset and confused by how I got a girl that hot...the secret was feeding fruit loops to the tumor rat, I guess).

So what happened to you and Fruit Loops?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      So what happened to you and Fruit Loops?
      Long distance over the summer. I bought a car, but she got mad at me, because while she was at work on the weekend, I was looking for qtips and found something called udder cream and asked her about it. She thought I was snooping, and she broke up with me without me knowing. She just ghosted me toward the end of the summer, and withdrew from the classes we were to have together. I saw her with someone else about a week into the Fall--she was a fast worker. I assume the rat didn't make it much longer.
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-01-2020, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I haven't watched it yet, but I just realized/discovered that the setting of it is the Big Cats Rescue my first college girlfriend volunteered at in Tampa. She took me there a few times, and while she was an untrained, unpaid volunteer, she and I had total free rein of the place. We went into cages and I pet an ocelot and a bobcat. Petting the bobcat was scary, which she got a kick out of. That things neck felt like it was made out of steel. I saw s lynx with a missing arm that had been swiped off by a lion in the next area over. I saw a cage filled with macaques, and a dead chick near by. There were chickens that wandered around (and a peacock) and apparently, if a chick came close to the cage, the Macqaques would grab them and kill them. I saw my first bearcat there--it made the whole place smell like popcorn. I now work at a school whose mascot is the bearcat. It is trippy seeing that place on the map now with the popularity of this documentary.

That girl was a big time animal lover. Put me on the path to being a vegetarian (now a flexitarian). She had an enormous pet rat that had a tumor that was nearly half as big as it. She fed it fruit loops and insisted I pet it. The things young men do for a hot girl (when my friend from another college met her, he was legit upset and confused by how I got a girl that hot...the secret was feeding fruit loops to the tumor rat, I guess).

Comment

.... of udder cream.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Long distance over the summer. I bought a car, but she got mad at me, because while she was at work on the weekend, I was looking for qtips and found something called udder cream and asked her about it. She thought I was snooping, and she broke up with me without me knowing. She just ghosted me toward the end of the summer, and withdrew from the classes we were to have together. I saw her with someone else about a week into the Fall--she was a fast worker. I assume the rat didn't make it much longer.
              Dammit!
              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Did you loan your password to Nully?

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                  Did you loan your password to Nully?
                  Lol. This story was a homage to his style.

Comment

Working...
                  X